Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #16
SandySchwab
Mad Author
SandySchwab began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
No, that bug doesn't occur because of the SD card. At the moment, I've stored all my e-books on the device itself, and when I've been reading for a fairly long time the Cybook refuses to place bookmarks and to remember the page I last read as well.
SandySchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
It is not a storage card problem. I've experienced lockups with books on the storage card and books in main memory. The bookmark function stops allowing me to assign bookmarks and I can't use the bookmarks I've assigned. I usually have to fiiddle around with the Cybook (turning it on and off, pushing the reset button on the back, plugging it up to my computer) before I can at least go into the Bookmarks option and delete all my bookmarks. After that I can start assigning bookmarks again until it happens again.

This makes it quite tedious when I am reading a lengthy book and wind up losing my place in it. Then I have to start plugging in page numbers until I get close to where I was in the book and then I can start pressing the navigation button over and over until I get to my place in the book. The Cybook is great, but navigation is really awful.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #18
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I had the same problem with my ebooks on the SD card, but it went away when I moved them to the device. I hope the problem doesn't come back for me as it did for others.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #19
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I've got my first bookmark bug yesterday. I started the Cybook and when I started reading my book I thought, "didn't I read this before?". The Cybook was putting me a lot of pages back from where I had left the other time before. I tried to set bookmarks in several books and also this didn't work.

I have my books only in the internal memory. I tried to use the SD, but it keeps getting corrupted so now and then.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #20
dainys
dainys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook G3-> PB 360-> PB Pro 902 (preordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I've got my first bookmark bug yesterday. I started the Cybook and when I started reading my book I thought, "didn't I read this before?". The Cybook was putting me a lot of pages back from where I had left the other time before. I tried to set bookmarks in several books and also this didn't work.

I have my books only in the internal memory. I tried to use the SD, but it keeps getting corrupted so now and then.
I have similar bug also. It looks like it happens only when batery is low, 50 percent or below but I am not sure yet, need more research.
dainys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #21
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
When you get the bookmark bug are you reading a lot of books or have used a lot of bookmarks? On the other hand bookmarks ought just to be saved in a file so it would be a bit strange if you ran out of some resource.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookmarks get stored in the ".mbp" file for the book; there certainly should be no limit on them. As I said earlier, I use bookmarks a LOT when I'm proofreading books, and have not so far come across this problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #23
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

My battery was 90% yesterday when I got this bookmark problem. I don't really use bookmarks, but I don't like to loose the last page where I was in my book.

Also I didn't have any bookmarks set. I just tried to set one when I found my current page back to prevent losing it again.

Last edited by diabloNL; 01-01-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Could it be that writing a file require more power so when the battry is nearly empty it is OK to read the book but the writing of files will fail?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I don't think so because like I said my battery was at 90%.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #26
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I've had the problems with bookmarks. I noticed it happening most on a book that had a lot of small graphics in it (i.e. at the start of every chapter).

If you experience it try going to the very first page in the book and select the option to remove all bookmarks. This worked for me but only when I did it at the very start of the book.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #27
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
When you get the bookmark bug are you reading a lot of books or have used a lot of bookmarks? On the other hand bookmarks ought just to be saved in a file so it would be a bit strange if you ran out of some resource.
Not at all. Reading one book at a time, and deleting bookmarks regularly - even going so far as deleting all prior booksmarks and maintaining only one bookmark at a time....I still eventually had a problem creating a new bookmark and my Cybook freezing up.

The issue seems to be random and I've not been able to discern any noticeable pattern to it. Over the last 3 or 4 days I read the The Da Vinci Code. On the second day, my bookmarks were a complete mess and the Cybook kept locking up. I finished up the book yesterday and had no problems setting bookmarks or going to bookmarks.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #28
Alan
Connoisseur
Alan began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
I mentioned before that I would try to regularly my Cybook to check whether or not this would have an influence on that bug.

Well, so far, at least for me, it has. I have enabled auto shutdown and usually switch off my Cybook after reading, even if I am only going to pause for 15 minutes or so. Since doing this I have never again experienced that nasty bug.

Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #29
Striking Claw
Enthusiast
Striking Claw doesn't litterStriking Claw doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, ILiad, HP hx4700
Suddenly I could use bookmarks for my books stored on the SD-Card. I didn't reformat the card or anything.
Since then my Cybook switched several times between working bookmarks and not working bookmarks.
I was not yet able to determine what exactly causes the switch. My best guess at the moment is that it has something to do with connecting the Cybook either to load the battery or to synchronise it with the computer, because that's the only "special" thing I did. With bookmarks not working I connected my running Cybook with the power supply and after the cybook was loaded I disconnected it from the power supply without turning it off or reseting it and suddenly the bookmarks worked.
Striking Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #30
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
I couldn't set a bookmark one time after several hours of reading, I had to turn it off and on again for it to work. Not only did it not set a bookmark, but it hadn't saved the page I was on either. Looking for the page is a pain in the butt. Now I set bookmarks often so I don't spend half an hour flipping through looking for the page I was on.

This book was on the Cybook's memory, not an sd card.
There are no graphics in the book, except the cover.
I've never turned off the auto shut-off feature, I've had it set at one hour since I got the Cybook.
The battery said it was at 100%.

The only thing different that I am aware of was that I had been reading longer than usual.

Last edited by cmbs; 01-02-2008 at 10:45 PM.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote