Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
steven1979
steven1979 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Syncing Notes and Highlights Across Devices

I like Kobo's bookmark sync feature because sometimes I read on my android phone. I have a Kobo Touch. Recently I have been reading more non-fiction and I like to highlight and now make notes with the new firmware. I was told at Chapters that when I sync the kobo that highlights would sync along with the bookmarks. This is not happening.

Is there a feature for syncing highlights and notes. If not, there really should be. If there is, am I missing a setting or something? Any help would be appreciated.
steven1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd just love notes for non-kepubs
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Syncing for notes and highlights has not appeared in our betas, yet, but we know that this is coming--at least for kepubs. Highlighting and annotation (without sync) is in the current beta for sideloaded books.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Syncing for notes and highlights has not appeared in our betas, yet, but we know that this is coming--at least for kepubs. Highlighting and annotation (without sync) is in the current beta for sideloaded books.
Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to that.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to that.
Me too. Thanks taming.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
joseph.carty
joseph.carty began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Moon Reader (I'm not sure which version because I got the paid version for tts) can export all notes from a book or all books. When you go into your "bookmarks" it shows all bookmarks, highlights, notes, etc. Then it allows you to "share" them. that is not the same as having the sync between devices but it is the best I have found so far. So now I can manipulate my notes and highlights on my PC.
joseph.carty is offline   Reply With Quote