Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
scifly
scifly began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Exclamation pocketbook pro 902 battery light

I just got the Pocketbook pro 902. I charged it, changed the firmware. The battery seems to have already run out as a battery low message keeps coming up.
I charged it again, but now the orange light won't turn off. I have disconnected the cable to charge but the light does not turn off. I also cannot turn the reader on, which is most annoying. I think the battery is just going to go flat again.
Anyone know why this is happening?
scifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Mr. Relativity
Mr. Relativity began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't have the 902 myself, but I've read a few reviews where that has been mentioned. It seems the led and the battery meter are commonly inaccurate, with the meter starting out showing low battery and after a little while showing it to be full.

Are you sure your battery has actually run out?
Mr. Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
scifly
scifly began at the beginning.

yes the battery runs out.
again i have left it to charge. I come back and the light is solid orange. I can't turn it on at all it doesn't respond. But after a few hours the light goes off and i can the device on but the battery a message comes up that the battery is low. After a while I can't even turn it on anymore, I think the battery is now dead.
scifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Mr. Relativity
Mr. Relativity began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unless you are draining the battery somehow (Some have mentioned accidentally turning it back on when putting away) it sounds like it must be a warranty issue. General opinion seems to be that Pocket Books has good customer service and replacement service, so I'd say talk to them about it.
Mr. Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
jnarasim
jnarasim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifly View Post
yes the battery runs out.
again i have left it to charge. I come back and the light is solid orange. I can't turn it on at all it doesn't respond. But after a few hours the light goes off and i can the device on but the battery a message comes up that the battery is low. After a while I can't even turn it on anymore, I think the battery is now dead.
the same thing appears to be happening to me. This morning, I saw the "battery is low" sign at the start up page, so I turned the device off and let it charge. I had to go to class, so I've been on and off charging it a couple hours at a time. It may have turned on again in my bag during class. I began charging it again, and I was getting the same 'battery is low' message. But now, I've noticed that the orange light is not even blinking and I can't even power up the reader at all.
jnarasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
How do you charge it? Via USB port on the Computer or external charger?
If USB there really seems to be a problem and I suggest to contact your local vendor.
If you charge via wallcharger make sure it delivers 5V/1000mA DC, otherwise the battery will not be charged, regardlesss of the yellow/green blinking/solid whatever LED
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
jnarasim
jnarasim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
How do you charge it? Via USB port on the Computer or external charger?
If USB there really seems to be a problem and I suggest to contact your local vendor.
If you charge via wallcharger make sure it delivers 5V/1000mA DC, otherwise the battery will not be charged, regardlesss of the yellow/green blinking/solid whatever LED
Thanks for the reply. I've been charging it with the wall charger that was sent with my device, and I did this for maybe five hours. I switched to computer charging (about 7 hours). There is still no response when I press the power button and it just looks dead, no lights or anything. I switched back to the wall, but I don't know what good that will do.

I'm not familiar with warranty stuff. Do I just call PB about this problem? I left for school across the country a couple days ago, and I forgot and left the box and warranty slip (somewhere around the house, so they're at the mercy of my parents and my sister who seems to want to "clean" everything) behind. Do you know if these are required for service?
jnarasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
PocketBook USA
PocketBook USA began at the beginning.

Device: 902, 701 IQ, 602, 302, 360, 301
To resolve that issue, you need to download the firmware upgrade on the website at: http://pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-902/

If for some reason that did not resolve your issue, email Bill the tech guru at service@pocketbook-usa.com or call him at 1-877-326-0196.
PocketBook USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
Ereader Bob
Ereader Bob began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 500, 505, ASTAK EZ Reader, REB 1150, Pandigital Novel
Something like:

Battery (3.7V 1530mAh 5.66Wh)
http://www.amazon.com/MiFi-Battery-3.../dp/B003MQAT82
Amazon Kindle 1 Battery (3.7V, 1530mAh)
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B0047CAJYO

Make sure that battery plug fits PocketBook Pro power connector

Charger - make sure that it is 1 AMPER

Firmware - no reason to upgrade
Ereader Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
timothyp
timothyp began at the beginning.

Device: pb902
battery indicator problem

i recieved my pocketbook 902, charged it and when it went to full, I turned it off then on again and the battery meter jumped to 3 bars. It sounds similar to the problem you other guys have.

I tried rolling back the firmware, didnt work.
exchanging batteries with my other pocketbook 902 (i have 2), did not work, so I know its not the battery.

Anyone know how to fix this??
timothyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi timothyp, welcome to MR!

I guess there is no fix around. It is getting better over the time, the battery meter adjusts itself the more you use the reader and the longer your reading sittings become.

If you think that it is really some fault with your device and it isn't getting better then I would advise you to contact Pocketbook or your dealer.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #12
TheRealBev
TheRealBev began at the beginning.

1. Pocketbook can NOT send batteries to the US. First they said they could -- 30 euros including shipping, which I paid via Paypal. Then they refunded my money (I'm kind of amazed at that, actually) and just said they couldn't ship lithium batteries. No reply to my email asking if they knew of any other source.

2. Their USA phone number belongs to support for some diet/health product and they have NOT changed it in spite of my two emails including that information. At this point their customer service is definitely user-hostile.

3. I have been unable to find a replacement battery from any other source. Has anyone been lucky?

The unit itself is very nice. The fact that without any way to replace the battery it's disposable is a BIG drawback.
TheRealBev is offline   Reply With Quote