Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
People have so many different preferences as to format (font, margins, etc.) that I'm hesitant to try preparing a book.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
People have so many different preferences as to format (font, margins, etc.) that I'm hesitant to try preparing a book.
Try doing what you need and love. Keeps up the fun.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I don't upload any books, largely because I cannot hope to match some of the excellent uploaders we have here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Because I don't know how, and I can't figure out the

instructions in the WIKI!!!
s

Me too. I tried a couple of times and made some truly unreadable messes. My talent for MR is more along the lines of making people laugh.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
s

Me too. I tried a couple of times and made some truly unreadable messes. My talent for MR is more along the lines of making people laugh.

oh oh oh.......don't forget the cornbread casserole recipe!!!

And changing every topic to food based ones.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for reminding me! I haven't made that in much too long. I plan on polish sausage and cabbage for dinner, and yum yum yum it would go good with the cornbread casserole!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could someone please already link me to that cornbread casserole!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!

Heat your oven to about 350 degrees
  1. Spray a deep casserole dish
  2. Dump a box of Jiffy cornbread mix into the dish
  3. Dump in a cup of sour cream
  4. Stir in 2 eggs
  5. Dump in a can of creamed corn
  6. Dump in a DRAINED can of whole kernal corn
  7. Stir it all up and sort of smooth it down in the dish
  8. Pour a stick of melted butter over the mixture
  9. Bake about an hour, until it is a little brown on top and pulls away from the edges of the dish a little
I will be very moist but will firm up a bit as it cools.

Last edited by DixieGal; 01-25-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator

Sounds very cornish indeed Thanks, Dixie!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Just as a warning, you will gain five lbs after you've eaten the whole thing.

Ask me how I know..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Heat your oven to about 350 degrees
  1. Spray a deep casserole dish
  2. Dump a box of Jiffy cornbread mix into the dish
  3. Dump in a cup of sour cream
  4. Stir in 2 eggs
  5. Dump in a can of creamed corn
  6. Dump in a DRAINED can of whole kernal corn
  7. Stir it all up and sort of smooth it down in the dish
  8. Pour a stick of melted butter over the mixture
  9. Bake about an hour, until it is a little brown on top and pulls away from the edges of the dish a little
I will be very moist but will firm up a bit as it cools.

cream
eggs
yeuch .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
That's the whole point of creating a book yourself - you can create it the way that YOU want it, not the way that someone else thinks is "right".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote