Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #16
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I decided not to wait untill after the weekend and chatted with Amazon about a replacement. Turns out they won't replace it because I have no creditcard in my account . I do not own a creditcad (as lots of people don't in the Netherlands) and only work with giftcards on Amazon. How unfair
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Can you return it to the store you bought it from, then?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Thanks everyone for responding. Now I know I'm not overly sensitive and the screen really doesn't look as good as it schould. I didn't buy it at Amazon, but at a Dutch website: www.easereader.nl . I should be able to return it to them, I think. Maybe even Amazon will exange it, now that they have the international model. I'm going to think about it over the weekend.
Do this non-Amazon store has old stock of the PW and not the newer stock like Amazon. Return to this store and buy a PW from Amazon. That's all you can do.

And for anyone looking to get a PW, get it from Amazon only.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do this non-Amazon store has old stock of the PW and not the newer stock like Amazon. Return to this store and buy a PW from Amazon. That's all you can do.

And for anyone looking to get a PW, get it from Amazon only.
I thought about doing this. It may be my only chance. Since this Dutch website doesn't have them in stock for a replacement anyway.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #20
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I only just purchased a Paperwhite from Amazon today and I'm very excited to see how it goes.

I didn't particularly mind any of the screens posted in this thread, but we'll see. It's different when the device is in your hands and you're trying to read something.

I actually splashed out for the 3G version this time for ease of synchronisation between that and my Galaxy Note. I was even obscene enough to pay the extra price for priority shipping. Next I'll be ordering caviar!
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #21
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I only just purchased a Paperwhite from Amazon today and I'm very excited to see how it goes.

I didn't particularly mind any of the screens posted in this thread, but we'll see. It's different when the device is in your hands and you're trying to read something.

I actually splashed out for the 3G version this time for ease of synchronisation between that and my Galaxy Note. I was even obscene enough to pay the extra price for priority shipping. Next I'll be ordering caviar!
I hope you'll get a good one. Let us know
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
Woekie
Woekie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Quote:
Thanks everyone for responding. Now I know I'm not overly sensitive and the screen really doesn't look as good as it schould. I didn't buy it at Amazon, but at a Dutch website: www.easereader.nl . I should be able to return it to them, I think. Maybe even Amazon will exange it, now that they have the international model. I'm going to think about it over the weekend.
According to Dutch consumer law you should be able to return anything you bought over the internet within a week after you got it, no questions asked.

Me and my friend each got a PW from the Waterstones store in Amsterdam and they are both perfect. One screen is a little more yellowish/warmer than the other, but no colour blotches or light leaking whatsoever. We both love them, it's such an improvement over the K Keyboard. Both are from the 502 series, so maybe that shop has a good batch. You could consider getting one there, if you prefer a shop in you own country that you can go back to if something is wrong.
You will get the Waterstones screensaver instead of the official Amazon ones (and no special offers), but with a sleepcover you hardly ever see it.
It is a little more expensive though than ordering directly from Amazon, for reasons that are beyond me, and Amazon customer service is rumoured to be quite good, even from Holland (I never needed it).

Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited by Woekie; 01-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Woekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post

I also hope you'll get a good screen, or that your eyes are not as color sensitive as those of some of us.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #24
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
I ordered one from amazon Germany yesterday. They offer free shipping to places like Hermes Paketshops! I live close to the border with Germany, and there's a Paketshop nearby, so this is a perfect solution for me as long as amazon Holland fails to show up on-line. Wish I'd known this before! ETA is tomorrow already, it was shipped mere hours after ordering.

I had originally pre-ordered the PW via a friend in the US, but canceled the order after all the negative reviews. If the screen isn't good, I will return it...
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
I decided not to wait untill after the weekend and chatted with Amazon about a replacement. Turns out they won't replace it because I have no creditcard in my account . I do not own a creditcad (as lots of people don't in the Netherlands) and only work with giftcards on Amazon. How unfair
Despite the fact that they still won't exchange my Kindle, I totaly changed my mind about Kindle-support. They have spontaneously contacted me twice now, because the were so eager to help me. In the end, they were willing to make an exeption about the no-credit card problem. And because they can't send special-offer devices to the Netherlands, they were willing to let me put enough giftcard-ballance to my account, to pay for removing special offers. BUT then they discovered that my Kindle was originally shiped to the US (apparently the Dutch website were I bought it, had it send to a US-address first). And that was too much for Kindle-support. Unfortunate for me, But they really did their very best to help me and were so friendly. I may not get a new Kindle, but if I'm honest, I have to applaud them for their efforts

Last edited by Joy736; 01-27-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #26
Joy736
Addict

Now I'm speechless After the last cs-rep told me they really couldn't send me a replacement and I made my last post, I received two emails from Amazon. 1 is an order confirmation for a Kindle Paperwhite at the cost of 0.00. And The other email tells me a replacement Kindle is on it's way. I don't even need to return my current Kindle!!! How great is that. I love Amazon!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #27
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Now I'm speechless After the last cs-rep told me they really couldn't send me a replacement and I made my last post, I received two emails from Amazon. 1 is an order confirmation for a Kindle Paperwhite at the cost of 0.00. And The other email tells me a replacement Kindle is on it's way. I don't even need to return my current Kindle!!! How great is that. I love Amazon!
Wonderful! Very happy for you!! Let us know how your next kindle is. I hope you get a good one!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Wonderful! Very happy for you!! Let us know how your next kindle is. I hope you get a good one!
Thank you, I hope so too ofcourse.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #29
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
When I first got it, my paperwhite had a small pink-ish blot (very faint) about the size of a dime in the lower right corner. I was reading in very low light for awhile today, and the pinkish bloom is somewhat larger now (about the size of a 50-cent piece, but much fainter. It's still not enough to bother me.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
That's beyond great customer service!! Way to go, Amazon. This is one of the reasons why most of us here seem to be sticking with Amazon, no matter what.

OT: I ordered a Win 8 hybrid last Thursday with an estimated delivery date of next Sat or Monday (I don't have Prime) and received an email yesterday that it will be delived tomorrow - a week early what's there not to like about Amazon!!