Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Onyx Boox 60 available in the United States

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I am in charge of putting together the US division of Onyx International. I'm happy to say that we have begun deploying the Onyx Boox in the United States.

Currently, I am authorized to distributed Onyx Boox in the US. If anyone would like become a distributor of Onyx Boox, like to partner with Onyx, or like to purchase Onyx Boox, or even know someone who like to do these things, please send me an email at mikehu@onyx-international.com.

Also, if you have any questions about Onyx Boox or would like to add a comment, feel free to send me an email as well. Thank you.

--
Mike Hu
Sales Manager
mikehu@onyx-international.com
CES Expo Booth No: 12042

Last edited by MikeOnyx; 12-24-2009 at 12:00 AM.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
Jumpstar
Jumpstar began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I just bought one on http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com and they gave me a discount code because i had given them some useful feedback about the reader. Probably you guys can use this code as well . Here it is, if give you 10 euro / 15 USD discount: 1200148QP60ONYXBOOX!
Jumpstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #3
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some new covers that are planned to come out soon.

Dont have any images yet since my camera was broken. Hopefully somebody at CES can go to the Onyx Booth and take some pictures. But the new colors are lime green, dark green, neon blue, hot pink, bright red, and black. There are still only 3 covers: white, black, and brown. Honestly, the black Boox with the black cover looks really nice.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Thomasss
Thomasss began at the beginning.

I made a photo! Unfortunately the quality isn't that good, since I took it with my iPhone.
I ordered a black one from http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com. Standardly they deliver in white, but if you make a remark by the end of your order, you can choose one of the nice collors which you will see on the photo below:

Here it is:

By the way; use this discount code: 1200148QP60ONYXBOOX to get a better deal
Thomasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
PlainBobMax
PlainBobMax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello,

I'm very interested in this device, but I have just a couple of questions/concerns.

Regarding the touch screen: Can pages be turned with a finger swipe? Or must the stylus be used? I often read with the book in my left handed and would like to turn the pages with my thumb. Since the page forward button is on the right side of the bottom ring, it's not reachable when holding with the left hand.

If finger swiping is not possible, then is there a setting for reversing the page forward and backward buttons so that page forward is the left button and page backward is the right.

Also, wondering about the dictionary implementation. Is a good dictionary? What is the dictionary interface like. One thing I don't like about Barnes and Noble's nook is that the dictionary will not find plurals or other forms of a word. It will only find a word if it is the root. How does Onyx's dictionary handle that?

By the way, if I have posted these questions in the wrong place, someone let me know and I'll try to post in a more appropriate thread. Thanks.
PlainBobMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
WOW, these actually look stylish!
To answer PlainBobMax's question; the Onyx Boox can't be used with your finger. I can't answer the following questions, because I don't own one.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainBobMax View Post
Hello,

I'm very interested in this device, but I have just a couple of questions/concerns.

Regarding the touch screen: Can pages be turned with a finger swipe? Or must the stylus be used? I often read with the book in my left handed and would like to turn the pages with my thumb. Since the page forward button is on the right side of the bottom ring, it's not reachable when holding with the left hand.

If finger swiping is not possible, then is there a setting for reversing the page forward and backward buttons so that page forward is the left button and page backward is the right.

Also, wondering about the dictionary implementation. Is a good dictionary? What is the dictionary interface like. One thing I don't like about Barnes and Noble's nook is that the dictionary will not find plurals or other forms of a word. It will only find a word if it is the root. How does Onyx's dictionary handle that?

By the way, if I have posted these questions in the wrong place, someone let me know and I'll try to post in a more appropriate thread. Thanks.
The touch screen is using a magnetic stylus so fingers will not work. Also the buttons cannot be reversed.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasss View Post
I made a photo! Unfortunately the quality isn't that good, since I took it with my iPhone.
I ordered a black one from http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com. Standardly they deliver in white, but if you make a remark by the end of your order, you can choose one of the nice collors which you will see on the photo below:

Here it is:

By the way; use this discount code: 1200148QP60ONYXBOOX to get a better deal
Pretty sure none of these colored ones are out yet. You could be talking about the black cover?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
LenzGr
Enthusiast
LenzGr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainBobMax View Post
Pages can be turned by either using the buttons or the stylus. The display does not react on finger touches. I too sometimes hold the Boox with my left hand - the buttons are quite easy to reach with the thumb.

Quote:
I am not aware of such a function at the moment.

Quote:
You enable the dictionary by activating it in the context menu. You will then get a popup window, which will provide more information about the word you highlight with the stylus. The quality depends on which dictionary you have installed - the Boox supports the StarDict dictionary format. See this posting on the BooxUsers forum for more info.
LenzGr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx