Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Hi everyone!

I'll add UKHaiku, Mom of 4, cybear, JoeD, and Slite to the list.

As Bob mentioned, the club is going to be relatively fluid...if you've read the book, you can dive into the discussion! There aren't any requirements or true deadlines (unless, of course, you want to discuss November's book in December...that might be bit dicey, since it will have already been discussed ).

I just finished Wicked last night, so I'll be starting on A Passage to India in the next day or so.

I also wondered what thoughts people had for the discussion thread...it could be a free-for-all, or there could be structured questions for discussion that are posted each month, based on the book.

Let me know what you all think.
If we let people post on their own perceptions, it may open up an entire new way to look at one side or another. Perhaps some structured questions, to get the ball rolling, but also let people post their own thoughts......? "Did you like it, love it or hate it?" "Why?" What do you think? Anyone?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #47
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I'm in. Bought my copy this morning.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is the time line for finishing the 1st book?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #49
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I believe by the end of the 3rd week in November.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #50
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check out post #20........
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Hi everyone!

I'll add UKHaiku, Mom of 4, cybear, JoeD, and Slite to the list.

As Bob mentioned, the club is going to be relatively fluid...if you've read the book, you can dive into the discussion! There aren't any requirements or true deadlines (unless, of course, you want to discuss November's book in December...that might be bit dicey, since it will have already been discussed ).

I just finished Wicked last night, so I'll be starting on A Passage to India in the next day or so.

I also wondered what thoughts people had for the discussion thread...it could be a free-for-all, or there could be structured questions for discussion that are posted each month, based on the book.

Let me know what you all think.
Wow. Trying to put structure to this place. Gutsy move, Doc!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #52
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi everyone,

I've noticed a few people asking about the timeline for November's read. I'm going now to update post #20 in this thread with the correct dates for reading/discussing/nominating/voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Wow. Trying to put structure to this place. Gutsy move, Doc!
Hi pshrynk!

Gutsy? Who, me?
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #53
bksab
bksab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle!
Hi! I would like to join.
bksab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #54
Trono
Enthusiast
Trono began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Me too - book is purchased and loaded on to my V3..
Trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #55
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Question Passage to India in imp format?

Hi: The idea of a book club sounds great and I'd like to join. I went to Fictionwise to get the book and it doesn't seem to be in a format for my Ebookwise--or am I missing something?

If I can't get this one, maybe I'll have better luck next time around Please put my name on the list. Even if I can't read it, I'd be interested in the discussion. Thanks.

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #56
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post
Hi: The idea of a book club sounds great and I'd like to join. I went to Fictionwise to get the book and it doesn't seem to be in a format for my Ebookwise--or am I missing something?

If I can't get this one, maybe I'll have better luck next time around Please put my name on the list. Even if I can't read it, I'd be interested in the discussion. Thanks.

Bergette
Could you check your library? If you have a library card, you could probably download it to your computer?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post

Bergette
You could use MobiDeDRM.py to remove the DRM. Then maybe use mobi2imp to convert it. But that if that does not work, then you could use mobi2oeb to explode it and then use eBook Publisher to create the IMP from the exploded files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #58
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, JSWolf and desertgrandma, for helping out bshar489.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the eBookwise reader or appropriate formats...but I'm glad you want to join us, bshar489!

I hope that everyone's reading is going well (if you've already started)...I'm itching to get to the third week of November so we can start discussing!
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #59
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
I like the idea of this and might participate starting in Jan. (Getting a Kindle Dec 25th!)
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 PM   #60
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I haven't seen a message from PsyDocJoanne it quite a while. I hope it is just life getting in the way rather than something being wrong.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote