Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
[TOUCH] Firmware 2.1.x Plugin Alpha Release

I've created a alpha release of a plugin for the 2.1.x firmware.

Currently it's only a proof of concept that the plugin mechanisms still works in the new firmware.

Features so far:

- Remove 'Wishlist' and bottom menu entries (Shop/Reading Life)
- Remove 'Discover' and 'Reading' Text in home view
- Chapter Progressbar in Reading view is back
- Clock display in Reading Footer
- Support for 2.1.6 / 2.2.0 beta release
- Support for custom commands
- QT Script engine from 'ah' included in plugin
- German translations should be working now

05/11/2012:
- Changed german translation for custom commands
- Fixed display of custom commands menu (resize according to the number of elements in the menu)
- Custom commands can now be executed via the QtScript engine
Code:
telnet IP_OF_KOBO 666
Trying 192.168.0.12...
Connected to 192.168.0.12.
Escape character is '^]'.
Welcome to the Kobo QtScript console!

> Plugin::sync(1)

result: undefined
- Bugfix: when following a link the progressbar wasn't hidden anymore
- Support for new custom commands (see below)
- Fixed WIFI custom command (now also works if in airplane mode)

06/11/2012:
- if custom commands are enabled 'Library' entry now directly goes to the library view, 'Reading Life' entry is replaced with direct link to 'Shelves'
- added support for custom command sequences
Code:
[CustomCommands]
SequenceExample=Plugin::sync(1)>>Plugin::library()
- additional custom commands supported
Code:
Plugin::library()
Plugin::shelves()
Plugin::connectWifi()
07/11/2012:
- German Translations for common custom commands
- Fixed german translations
- changed order of lower shortscuts (Library/Shelves/Tools)
- Clock in Readingview should now respect Locale Settings
- additional custom commands supported
Code:
Plugin::sudoku()
Plugin::readingLife()
Plugin::scribble()
Plugin::chess() // only kobo glo
08/11/2012:
- Added spanish translations (Thx to Terisa)
- Library entry should now remember the last selected sort order
- Removed seconds for Clock in Readingview
- Clock now default in 24h mode --> if needed 12h mode can be set via ini file
Code:
[Global]
24hourClock=false
12/11/2012:
- Added french translations (Thx to azbdsf)
- Added italian translations (Thx to nausica)
- Added new options for koboplugins.ini
Code:
[Tweaks]
# Direct Library and Shelves access can now be turned off
# In case you have hideKoboShop=false you can now enable the CustomCommands seperately and still have the standard library and findbooks menu

directLibraryAccess=true
directShelvesAccess=true
14/11/2012:
- Added dutch translations (Thx to azbdsf)
- Added japanese translations (Thx to Zurga)

19/12/2012:
WARNING: This version only works for firmware versions 2.3.x and above, for older firmware version use 14/11 version
- Seperate version for 2.3.x firmware version (Glo and Touch)
- Direct Library access is currently disabled, tools and direct shelf access should work
- Fixed wrong text display for command sequences in tools

Config options for 'koboplugins.ini'

Code:
[Global]
; Should be set to the correct firmware version (0.0.0 disable check)
compatFirmware=2.1.5
; enable qtscript functionality (telnet IP-ADRESS 666)
scriptSocket=true
; specify how clock should be displayed
24hourClock=false

[Tweaks]
; Hide wishlist at bottem of home screen
hideWishList=true
; Hide all Kobo shop specific elements at home screen 
hideKoboShop=true
; Replace 'Reading Life' menu with 'Custom Commands'
showCustomCmds=true
; Replace 'Find Books' menu with 'Shelves Access'
directShelvesAccess=true
; Replace 'Library' menu with direct 'Library Access'
directLibraryAccess=true

[Reader]
; enable if you want to tweak the reading footer
tweakFooter=true
; show chapter progress in reading footer (tweakFooter has to be true)
showProgress=true
showClock=true

; up to 6 custom commands are supported
; Syntax is 'Text to display=cmd to execute
; currently supported:
;Plugin::library() --> shows the library
;Plugin::openBrowser() --> opens the browser
;Plugin::executeSystemCmd("cmd args") --> executes the specified cmd with the given arguments
;Plugin::uninstallPlugin() --> uninstall plugin and reboot reader
;Plugin::sync(1) --> resync /mnt/onboard with library
;Plugin::sleep() --> put reader into sleep mode
;Plugin::powerOff() --> Power off 
;Plugin::shelves() --> Open shelves view
;Plugin::library() --> open library view with book list
;Plugin::connectWifi() --> connect wifi (asks before if in airplane mode)
;Plugin::readingLife() --> open Readinglife stats
;Plugin::sudoku() --> open Sudoku game
;Plugin::scribble() --> open scribble app
;Plugin::chess() --> open chess game on kobo glo

;Command Sequences are now supported with the >> specifier
;e.g. 
;Plugin::sync(1)>>Plugin::library()

[CustomCommands]
Reboot=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/bin/busybox reboot")
Library=Plugin::library()
Browser=Plugin::openBrowser()
Reserved4=
Reserved5=
Reserved6=

Installation instructions:

* Extract 'config.zip' to the device into the '.kobo' directory
* Extract test-xx-xx-xx.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

To enable the plugin you have to open a book after the reader is booted.
The plugin won't load if a SD card is inserted during startup.

---------------

IMPORTANT: I've changed the plugin name from 'libtest.so' to 'libpoc.so'
This update installs a dummy 'libtest.so' to disable the previous plugin.
If you want to downgrade the plugin to a prior version you have to remove the 'libpoc.so' file first.

----------------

Code can be found at:

http://code.google.com/p/kobo-plus/
Attached Files
File Type: zip config.zip (371 Bytes, 2650 views)
File Type: zip test-12-11-14.zip (99.1 KB, 1354 views)
File Type: zip test-12-12-19.zip (99.1 KB, 1570 views)

Last edited by ikarus9999; 12-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Moody12b
Moody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura about

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
I've created a alpha release of a plugin for the 2.1.4 firmware.

Currently it's only a proof of concept that the plugin mechanisms still works in the new firmware.

Features so far:

- Remove 'Wishlist' and bottom menu entries (Library/Shop/Reading Life)
- Replace 'Discover' entry at top with 'Library' entry
So simple but so useful!
Moody12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
Thanks a lot. It works.

Would be nice if the Plugin detects the readers language. "Library" e. g. ist "Bibliothek" in German.

I miss the favorites at the bottom since 2.0.0. If it's not pssible, to get them back, maybe bottom entries for "favorites" and "bookshelves" might be useful.

Well, I'll wait and see.
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
This is a great idea - makes me feel even better about getting a Kobo Glo

What is the procedure if you want to do further official software updates after installing the plugin? Can you easily uninstall the plugin, or is a factory reset needed?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer Zenz View Post
Thanks a lot. It works.

Would be nice if the Plugin detects the readers language. "Library" e. g. ist "Bibliothek" in German.

I miss the favorites at the bottom since 2.0.0. If it's not pssible, to get them back, maybe bottom entries for "favorites" and "bookshelves" might be useful.

Well, I'll wait and see.
I'll try to add the translations with the next release.

Regarding the shortlist. I'll have a look what I can do.
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
What is the procedure if you want to do further official software updates after installing the plugin? Can you easily uninstall the plugin, or is a factory reset needed?
The plugin can be uninstalled quite easily. All you have to do is replacing the 'libtest.so' in the installation file with an empty file named 'libtest.so'.
Install as usual and the plugin is removed.

With the next releases I'll try to add an uninstall option in the settings menu.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Thanks!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
dsgweb
dsgweb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Great plugin

A couple of thing that I noticed:

-To hide the wishlist I have to open a book every time I turn on the kobo.
-The Library link redirects to the wishlist section.

Great work and thanks!
dsgweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Katch
Katch began at the beginning.

Just encountered some bug.

I updated my Touch to 2.1.4 from 2.0 by SD card.

I installed the alpha plugin as per instructions.

After turning on and updating I open a book and then wishlist is hidden and Discover is replaced by Library - library liinks to library as expected. All good.

Then I read the post above and wondered if my Kobo had similar issues. So I did a full power down and switched back on.

Now the plugin doesn't appear to be working at all. Wishlist is back - Discover is back. Opening a book doesn't reactivate the plugin.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Katch; 10-10-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
I updated my Touch to 2.1.4 from 2.0 by SD card.
How do you do that?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #11
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
The kobo firmware loads the plugins only after opening a book.
I don't shutdown my reader, I'll just put it into sleep mode. In this case the plugin stays active.

Quote:
-The Library link redirects to the wishlist section.
I've noticed this too. I'll try to adress that in the next version.
As long as the reader is not restarted is stays in the section you've selected.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #12
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgweb View Post
There was some specific reason for this, related to how nickel started, or the easiest way to hook in to nickel - there were more detailed explanations in the thread from the original plugin.

I know there has been debate about whether to leave in sleep mode all the time, or turn off - but I tend to turn off (I read for a few hours in the evenings and on weekends, and leaving the KT in sleep mode for, say, 20+ hours just doesnt make sense to me), so as awesome as it is, I've never really gotten to use the plugin. Would love to have something that worked on startup, rather than after opening the library or a book
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you
Great plugin, works perfect, I hope we have more options soon.
Does it works with 2.1.5 ? Still didnt have time to try.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

New version of the plugin available: (works with 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 firmware)

Features added:

- Chapter Progressbar in Reading view is back

see OP for download

Last edited by ikarus9999; 10-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

will try that
thanks

Edit works perfect so far

Last edited by enotar; 10-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, plugin