Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Bookmarks don't seem to be loading correctly...

I haven't had a chance to test out my Kobo Wi-Fi with my Vox until this past weekend. I made sure to update my bookmarks on both devices (twice, no less) and still - my WiFi was not at the same spot as my Kobo book on the Vox.

Is there something I am missing? I thought if I updated my library on the Vox, then did the same on the WiFi, my bookmarks on my WiFi should be the same as they are on my Vox (the messages on both told me that the bookmarks were updated - only they werent...).

Anyone know reasons why they may be off?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I believe someone explained that the desktop app has to be used for syncing...it's in an older thread somewhere.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the only bookmarks that are synced are those for the Kobo format ePubs as opposed to the regular ePubs you are reading.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

This book is a Kobo epub...and I don't recall having to use the desktop app to update bookmarks (esp. when your device is telling you 'bookmarks are updated')!!! Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check post #15 in this thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...bookmarks+kobo
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I don't think that information is correct. That post is stating a theory by someone that the bookmarks on the desktop are overrwriting the bookmarks on the Vox. That's not the issue I am having - but thanks anyway for trying to help.

I guess I'll have to ask Kobo support about this. Is it me, or is this forum seriously lacking responses lately? No Kobo staff seem to be lurking and a few vetran posters seem to have disappeared...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
paulsparrow
paulsparrow began at the beginning.

Device: vox
Make sure your time/date are the same. IE is the Vox got the same time/date as your computer
paulsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsparrow View Post
Make sure your time/date are the same. IE is the Vox got the same time/date as your computer
My computer isn't involved in the synching. I am doing the library updates wirelessly...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Pokee, do you have this bookmark syncing problem in both directions?

For example I have a vox and touch, if I read on the touch and update my bookmarks over wifi then go to the vox, the vox always sees my new bookmark and takes me to the correct place in the book I am currently reading. As long as I give the vox a chance to sync the library before I open the book it works. So I open the library first and let it sync before I open my book though I am not 100% certain syncing the library is required it does work for me.

If I update the bookmarks in the vox and then move to the touch the touch does not take me to the correct new bookmark. The Touch used to prompt me saying that I had been reading on another device and do I want to go to the new bookmark but it doesn't ever do that any more. Not sure if this is a new bug in 1.9.16 firmware for the touch or if I have changed a setting somewhere. Syncing the library on the touch doesn't seem to make any difference one way or the other.

I also have the wifi which I rarely use any more but if I sync my library before opening the same book it will go to a place that is at least reasonably close to the correct bookmark, the page formatting differences will sometimes result in it being off by one page if the book mark is not on the first page of a new chapter.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I don't think that information is correct. That post is stating a theory by someone that the bookmarks on the desktop are overrwriting the bookmarks on the Vox. That's not the issue I am having - but thanks anyway for trying to help.

I guess I'll have to ask Kobo support about this. Is it me, or is this forum seriously lacking responses lately? No Kobo staff seem to be lurking and a few vetran posters seem to have disappeared...
Agreed! Trying to help newbies because I feel sorry for someone that's caught in a problem and gets no answer... Is everyone doing the beta and too busy for this part of the forums? Or just lost interest?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Pokee, do you have this bookmark syncing problem in both directions?

For example I have a vox and touch, if I read on the touch and update my bookmarks over wifi then go to the vox, the vox always sees my new bookmark and takes me to the correct place in the book I am currently reading. As long as I give the vox a chance to sync the library before I open the book it works. So I open the library first and let it sync before I open my book though I am not 100% certain syncing the library is required it does work for me.

If I update the bookmarks in the vox and then move to the touch the touch does not take me to the correct new bookmark. The Touch used to prompt me saying that I had been reading on another device and do I want to go to the new bookmark but it doesn't ever do that any more. Not sure if this is a new bug in 1.9.16 firmware for the touch or if I have changed a setting somewhere. Syncing the library on the touch doesn't seem to make any difference one way or the other.

I also have the wifi which I rarely use any more but if I sync my library before opening the same book it will go to a place that is at least reasonably close to the correct bookmark, the page formatting differences will sometimes result in it being off by one page if the book mark is not on the first page of a new chapter.
Actually, I haven't tried to see if my synching problem is in both directions. The only direction I tried so far is reading on my Vox, synching, then seeing if my WiFi had the updated bookmarks after updating my library.

Maybe you're right about the firmware issue! I will try the other direction tonight and see if it works...I'll let you know!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
sheljor
sheljor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I am having the same kind of issue with the Vox and my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I read on my Vox, and if I try to pick up my Galaxy Tab, the bookmark from my Vox does not transfer. So frustrating!
sheljor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
I have the same problem:

I can go from my KT to my Kobo app on Iphone with no problems and back to my KT and my bookmarks are always correct.

I can't however go from my Vox back to my KT. Seems to work KT to Vox but not the reverse. I noticed this when we were using 1.9.14 when doing bookmarks from Vox to KT.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote