Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
skobalczyk
skobalczyk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-505
Unhappy Is the screen on my PRS-505 already broken?

Hi,
I bought the PRS-505 reader just 10 days ago (on November 7th) and until yesterday I was extremely happy with the purchase.

When I was reading in the morning everything worked fine, but when I turned the Reader on again on the afternoon I got bunch of vertical and horizontal white lines (or bands) on the display and I couldn't get rid of them. I even tried to reset the unit several times but it doesn't help a bit, so I believe this is rather a hardware then software issue. You can clearly see thison these two pictures

I've seen several threads in these forums about similar accidents. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed or I should just send the unit back (it's on warranty, right?). Do you know what might have caused such damage?
skobalczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Random lines on the screen can be caused by nothing more than a low battery. Have you tried recharging the battery?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
skobalczyk
skobalczyk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-505
Harry, thanks for the quick reply!

The Reader is fully charged -- take a look at the photos included in my last post.

I added one more photo with Reader showing a completly black picture so all the lines are clearly visible.

Any ideas what else I can try?
skobalczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I would try charging the battery overnight, nevertheless.
Then try Sony in the morning, if there's no improvement.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
pazu
Pazu
pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Treo 650
Hi, so what happened to your Sony Reader at last? I have exactly the same problem as yours, I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong, everything was extremely normal, no crash, no drop, just turn off and on, then I saw lots of ugly lines running across the reader...

The reader was bought around 14 days ago!
pazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It looks like it might be a broken screen to me. Sorry for the bad news.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Mrek
Mrek began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
seems to be common quality problem

I have this problem after having (but not much using) PRS-505 for 1 year.

For me lines apear and disapear randomly sometimes making reading impossible.

Hope geting somthing of better quality in near future

M
Mrek is offline   Reply With Quote