Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Kindle Fire in stores?

Does anyone know if the Fire will be available in retail stores, or only online? I am in Canada (southern Ontario) so I am not able to order online, but I am thinking I could make a trip across the border if it were available in stores. Thank you.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I've seen no indication...I suspect though for Christmas it's a good bet...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
Does anyone know if the Fire will be available in retail stores, or only online? I am in Canada (southern Ontario) so I am not able to order online, but I am thinking I could make a trip across the border if it were available in stores. Thank you.
Best Buy shows it as "in store" only on their website. Sounds like it will be available there in a few weeks. I got an e-mail from them announcing pre-orders shortly after the Amazon announcement in September.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've seen no indication...I suspect though for Christmas it's a good bet...
Thanks, you were right. I just got this via a Google alert:

"Staples is offering great value to our customers this holiday shopping season with a broad range of the hottest technology and unbelievable deals all season long," said Jevin Eagle, executive vice president, merchandising and marketing, Staples. "With the latest selection of laptops, tablets and a full line of e-readers including the new Kindle Fire, Staples makes it easy to find great tech products for everyone on their list."
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I would expect everyone who currently retails any Kindle will also retail the Fire. Why wouldn't they?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would expect everyone who currently retails any Kindle will also retail the Fire. Why wouldn't they?
That's what I think.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wow! GroupThink!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
swiftness
swiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Christmas is probably more or less the time they come to stores..
swiftness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Walmart is advertising it as a Black Friday thing... no price difference though
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Kindle Fire at BB on the 15th (at least that's when i was told to pick up my preorder).
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
Kindle Fire at BB on the 15th (at least that's when i was told to pick up my preorder).
Yep.

http://view.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/?...7c620c7e77&r=0
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I think pre orders will be filled 1st then store bulk orders.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Got an email from Staples = they will have it in stores today 11/15/11.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I decided to grab one from my local Best Buy today. Just called and they're waiting on their FedEx delivery. Since this is the start of the holiday shopping season, you have until the end of January to return it with no restocking fee. This will give me a realistic timeframe to use it and make a decision to keep or not. I have some concerns about magazines. Seems it's not as good an experience as Barnes and Noble's. Also, maybe the device will get a few updates to improve some of the quirks and shortcomings before the return period ends.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Upgrade already here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Also, maybe the device will get a few updates to improve some of the quirks and shortcomings before the return period ends.
The upgrade to 6.1 is already here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote