Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #136
koboaya
koboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch,Kobo Glo
Hello

I'm Japanese.(sorry. my english is very cheep)

Here are the japanese translations for the custom commands.

If there is a portion which should be translated into others, please let me know.

by the way

in Japan.Firmware 2.2.0 already released.

at 2.2.0 FW. This plugin did not operate.

Direct Download FW File

Kobo Touch
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.2.0.zip

Kobo Glo / Kobo Mini(?)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Japanese.txt (2.5 KB, 726 views)
koboaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #137
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
If you want it work with FW 2.2.0 you must modify the "koboplugins.ini" as mentioned in post1.
compatFirmware=2.1.5 > compatFirmware=0.0.0
This disable the FW check.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #138
koboaya
koboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbdsf View Post
If you want it work with FW 2.2.0 you must modify the "koboplugins.ini" as mentioned in post1.
compatFirmware=2.1.5 > compatFirmware=0.0.0
This disable the FW check.
Thanks.I'll try it.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #139
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura H20 2nd edition
I just wanted to say thank you! As I tend to stick to a single bookshelf for a while, having the library link go straight to my most recently used bookshelf is great. When I finish a book, it just takes a single tap to get back to my bookshelf
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #140
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyproy View Post
@TheBard . Thanks for your advice, but unfortunately yes, the lack of the change on the home page and elsewhere is already after I have physically navigated to the library, gone in to an epub book, then pressed the home button to return to the home page.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong in the install, presumably both the extracted files from the config.zip and test-xx-xx-xx.zip file both go in to the .kobo directory...I have wondered before now why there's two separate zip files...presumably it's correct to process them both at the same time as advised in the first post.

Is there any way I can check via windows explorer or otherwise that the nickel addon has installed properly, perhaps by a md5 hash of a changed file?
Dannyproy, did you get it working yet? Maybe your computer is extracting the zip files too far. Mine does that automatically. The config.zip extracts to the koboplugins.ini. The test-xx-xx-xx.zip extracts to Kobo.tgz. The bolded two go into the .kobo folder. My computer automatically extracts the tgz to what's inside, which I have to stop it doing to be able to get it. Repacking what comes out to .tgz doesn't work for some reason.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #141
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
New release --> see first post.

- Added dutch / japanese translations
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #142
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurga View Post
Here are the dutch translations for the custom commands.
Apart from one spellingmistake ('Deinstaleren' has to be 'Deinstalleren' or even preferable 'Deïnstalleren') the translations were exactly as I had made them. I did not upload the file because I had to convince myself first that somebody did not upload dutch translations before.

Well, obviously now Zurga did. Thanks Zurga
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #143
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboaya View Post

in Japan.Firmware 2.2.0 already released.

at 2.2.0 FW. This plugin did not operate.

Direct Download FW File

Kobo Touch

Kobo Glo / Kobo Mini(?)
Hi koboaya

With this firmware you can change System language to English or it is Japanese only? There is a change log somewhere? Thank you
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #144
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post

With this firmware you can change System language to English or it is Japanese only? There is a change log somewhere? Thank you
I've put it on, and works perfectly in English.

Changelog says, you can:
1. Benefit from improved title displays
2. Sync your library to a microSD card if your device is full
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #145
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post

Hello

Thanks for the Japanese version!
(Which is a fine thing, the Japanese translator is me ...)

By the way, I have a question for you.

I have participated in the forum of the Kobo in Japan.
Do you may be introduced to the forum in Japan?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #146
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
I've put it on, and works perfectly in English.

Changelog says, you can:
1. Benefit from improved title displays
2. Sync your library to a microSD card if your device is full
Thank you for answer.

I'm Japanese.
I'm posting while using the translation of Google.

Therefore the answer is slow. It is also strange English.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #147
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post

I forgot.

"Chess" is now available on the Kobo Touch.
(From firmware 2.2.0)

New, seems to have been added also "crossword" The distribution package of 2.2.0.

Could not use the "crossword" in KoboTouch.
"Crossword" in Kobo Glo might be available.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #148
dannyproy
dannyproy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
@Mrs_Often I'm afraid it's still not working

It's definitely the koboplugins.ini. and Kobo.tgz.that I'm manually moving to the .kobo folder, and it seems to install OK insofar that I get the updating screen once I unplug...it's just not firing up properly once I go in to a book and exit out of it...all very strange.

I don't want to pollute this thread with repeated requests for help, but will update if I make any progress from my side and can be of any assistance for anyone else with the same issue.
dannyproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #149
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
No Crossword for me on the Glo, Plugin works after setting version check to 0.0.0 and restarting the reader
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #150
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboaya View Post
Is it official or beta firmware ?
Cause 2.2.0 is always tested in beta group, and not yet released.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, plugin