Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #121
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Can we have the weather hack include sometimes. Another thread here.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #122
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Brilliant work!

Just noticed a little bug. If you add a Wifi Connect item and use it, the word "connecting" stays after you are connected.

Is there a similar wifi command that performs a disconnect rather than going through the stock menu? Finally, will the limit of 6 custom commands increase or is that a hard maximum? I seem to recall that the old 1.9.17 plugin supported more but it was from the HOME dropdown menu location.

Again, well done!
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #123
dannyproy
dannyproy began at the beginning.

Strange the mixed experiences of getting this to load correctly. I am also having issues getting this to load, despite having used a previous iteration without issues on my 1.9.17 firmware.

I have been careful to follow the installation instructions correctly unzipping the two files to my .kobo directory, and noticed the kobo upgrading itself as it should.

I have then powered up the kobo without my sd card inserted and gone in to one of my epub books.

Unfortunately I then notice no indications the plugin having loaded, upon returning to my home page.

I had previously sideloaded my 2.1.5 firmware, so to try and remedy the issue I have tried doing a factory reset and let the desktop app upgrade me. I then re-installed the plugin, but to no success.

Any other suggestions? The plugin looks fantastic and I'd love to get it working.
dannyproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #124
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyproy View Post
Unfortunately I then notice no indications the plugin having loaded, upon returning to my home page.
One more step is necessary:
Open a book.

The plugin is loaded after you open the book, and you should then see the results.

The plugin will unload itself if you turn the Kobo OFF, so consider "sleeping" it instead of turning it off.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #125
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
Brilliant work!

Just noticed a little bug. If you add a Wifi Connect item and use it, the word "connecting" stays after you are connected.

Is there a similar wifi command that performs a disconnect rather than going through the stock menu? Finally, will the limit of 6 custom commands increase or is that a hard maximum? I seem to recall that the old 1.9.17 plugin supported more but it was from the HOME dropdown menu location.

Again, well done!
Yes I know about the 'connecting' in the title. I'll try to fix this in the next release.
I'll also try to add a wifi toggle command with one of the next releases.
Custom commands are already at 8 maximum.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #126
dannyproy
dannyproy began at the beginning.

@TheBard . Thanks for your advice, but unfortunately yes, the lack of the change on the home page and elsewhere is already after I have physically navigated to the library, gone in to an epub book, then pressed the home button to return to the home page.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong in the install, presumably both the extracted files from the config.zip and test-xx-xx-xx.zip file both go in to the .kobo directory...I have wondered before now why there's two separate zip files...presumably it's correct to process them both at the same time as advised in the first post.

Is there any way I can check via windows explorer or otherwise that the nickel addon has installed properly, perhaps by a md5 hash of a changed file?
dannyproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #127
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBook69 View Post
Other suggestion:
In the progressbar is it possible to reduce progressbar height so we can see all chapter bar (useful when we are near a new chapter) ?
What exactly do you mean by all chapter bar?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #128
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
What exactly do you mean by all chapter bar?
Presumeably, the little vertical bars on the progress bar that mark the chapter start/end.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #129
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi

Thank you for your great plug-in, I love the progress bar, the tool menu and all it's functions.

But I have a question:
There is a way to have in the home Library(with sub menu, not direct link), kobo shop, and tools?

I tried to make changes on koboplugins.ini but also changing hideKoboShop=true to false did not work.

I missed something?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #130
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hi icarus999
and thank you for the wonderful plugin.

Is it possible, on the home page, when you click on the library or shelves, highlight them, as is done with the tools.
I would like to see when I select them.
I have the Kobo Glo with fw 2.1.5,

Attached Italian translation for custom commands, hoping you will have the time or desire to add it.

Karma to you
Attached Files
File Type: txt italian.txt (2.5 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by nausica; 11-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #131
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

New version uploaded.

Have fun.

@nausica: Italian Translations added
@azbdsf: French Translations added
@eXistenZ: Option to keep standard Library and Find Books menus added
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #132
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
icarus9999, many many thanks.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #133
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
I see "dumpLayout=false" in koboplugins.ini.
What is it ?

Quote:
Thousand thanks !

Edit: French trad are ok for "Bibliothèque" "Étagères" "Outils" from home screen are ok.
But the words in the tool menu are not all traducted:
-Navigateur > ok
-Library > ko (Bibliothèque)*
-Reboot > ko (Redémarrer)
-Reserved5 > ko (Réservé 5)
-Reserved6 > ko (Réservé 6)
-Wifi > ok

*Useless, library is already in shortcut in the home screen.

Last edited by azbdsf; 11-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #134
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
New version uploaded.

Have fun.

@nausica: Italian Translations added
@eXistenZ: Option to keep standard Library and Find Books menus added
Really thank you! now it's perfect for me

and a big Thank you also to nausica for the translation
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #135
Zurga
Zurga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Here are the dutch translations for the custom commands.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dutch.txt (2.5 KB, 272 views)
Zurga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, plugin