Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
clangkamp
clangkamp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.clangkamp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.clangkamp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.clangkamp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.clangkamp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Pearl Display for the Pocketbook 902-903

I at present have a Kindle 6 ''. The screen is brilliant, but far to small to read technical texts. I am now eyeing up the 902 device from Pocketbook and in a youtube video it is mentioned that in the summer they will also add the pearl display. Did anybody have anything concrete on that front ?
I would love to sit outside in the garden and read my papers on an e-book.
Christian
clangkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by clangkamp View Post
Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm afraid it won't happen though, not with a pearl-display at least. Pocketbook does not hold it's promises I'm afraid (maybe you read some other threads here and find out what I mean), a lot of things they said did not happen, so frankly I would not wait on a PB-Device with a pearl screen if I were you.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Sorry bro! stop dreaming PB WILL NOT DO THAT. Although the PB902 is a good reader .... KIndle have all this famous stuff because of amazon, but the features that the PB902 have are better than Kindle DX IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clangkamp View Post
I at present have a Kindle 6 ''. The screen is brilliant, but far to small to read technical texts. I am now eyeing up the 902 device from Pocketbook and in a youtube video it is mentioned that in the summer they will also add the pearl display. Did anybody have anything concrete on that front ?
Christian
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Even with Pearl PB need to improve the firmware a lot before i would buy it again.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
i don't think there is any better 9,7" reader for reading large pdf docuemts(newspapers/magazines/technical text) with decent pdf zoom functions, dictionary support, (note taking and bookmarking has also been mostly fixed in 2.0.5, but the firmware still doesn't seem to be final) like 902 (or 903) out there;
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
i don't think there is any better 9,7" reader for reading large pdf docuemts(newspapers/magazines/technical text) with decent pdf zoom functions, dictionary support, (note taking and bookmarking has also been mostly fixed in 2.0.5, but the firmware still doesn't seem to be final) like 902 (or 903) out there;

i was today in CeBIT and had the chance to see some other 9.7" readers first hand; Onyx BOOX M90, ASUS DR900 and Hanvon WISEreader E920;
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Agree, kindle DXG also fall short compared to the PB902.

How was the other 9,7" inches? any feedback? better than the 902?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkash View Post

i was today in CeBIT and had the chance to see some other 9.7" readers first hand; Onyx BOOX M90, ASUS DR900 and Hanvon WISEreader E920;
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote