Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Gaspar
Gaspar began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
Hi everybody

I'm a proud owner of an iLiad Book edition. After using it for 3 months almost as "out of the box" I would like to get more out of it (hope I find the time to dig).

Initially I thought there would be a bit more of official support, but anyway I really like the idea of "people sharing knowledge", "open source", etc. This way of thinking is possibly the only way to save our mad gone world. - Try reading some good stuff from Doctorow (http://www.feedbooks.com) -
Unfortunately I'm a lousy programmer, so for this part I'll be probably more "taking" than "giving".

By the way ... this is the first time I join a forum.

Hope we all together will make things better (starting with my iLiad )

CHEERS
Gaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead. It's a great place for person-to-person help. There are some fair-dinkum programmers around here, too, so you will certainly find clever utilities to help you create or convert books to a format supported by your Illiad.

Oh yeah -- check out all the books that have been uploaded here. Even if you're not a programmer, you might be able to give back by converting a couple of books from text/html to one of the eBook formats. There's a lot of books at Project Gutenberg that have not yet been converted.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Gaspar
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gaspar and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote