Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Les Echos has this reader

Check http://www.lesechos.fr/epaper/offre-eread.htm. It is supposed to have an english version available soon and some of the eBooks on the site are already in English. The specs say it is SDK format so perhaps it is unmodified but perhaps this is just an error.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Check http://www.lesechos.fr/epaper/offre-eread.htm. It is supposed to have an english version available soon and some of the eBooks on the site are already in English. The specs say it is SDK format so perhaps it is unmodified but perhaps this is just an error.

Dale
It's a Ganaxa. Which is a STAReBOOK. And a Netronix EB-100. And, with a completely different set of firmware - one that doesn't support STK but does support Mobipocket - it's an "original hardware" Cybook Gen3. IOW, the hardware is the same across these devices. You could also buy an ExPlay - same deal.

However, I've *GOT* one of the EB-100s; I just received it a couple of weeks ago. Let me say that the "Let us create an STK ebook" process is not one for the timid. I much prefer my Cybook Gen3 - even though it doesn't have the hardware upgrades that users now placing their orders will get. Why? Because I like the Mobipocket format for its widespread availability.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
649 Euros = 1,007.96 USD.
Holy Moly!!

Do ya think they might give out some free samples? Be sure to get one for me!

OK, I'm gonna work and/or read now.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
649 Euros = 1,007.96 USD.
Holy Moly!!

Do ya think they might give out some free samples? Be sure to get one for me!

OK, I'm gonna work and/or read now.
Maybe you might want to buy a Cybook Gen3? From Not Another E-Book? They're still selling the Cybook Gen3 for $375 plus S&H. And they'll ship just about anywhere. (Of course, I *know* this because I work for NAEB. )

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
tebaldo
Connoisseur
tebaldo doesn't littertebaldo doesn't litter

Device: Ganaxa GeR2, StareRead, Sony PRS505, Librié
649 Euros = 1,007.96 USD

649 Euros = 1,007.96 USD, yes, but it is part of Les Echos annual subscription, which brings the price of the reader to 150 euros. Not too bad...
The Ganaxa platform is one of the most sophisticated one, multi column, hyphenation, etc. They will announce some new interesting features in June.
tebaldo is offline   Reply With Quote