Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
"Your search can not be completed as this item has not yet been indexed."

Sometimes I get this error after

(a) loading the book,

(b) restarting,

(c) reading much of the book, searching and getting this error,

(d) leaving the book, searching for nonsense phrase, and getting no results without getting any errors,

(e) waiting overnight,

(f) reading the book again, searching and getting this error again,

(g) leaving again, searching for nonsense phrase, and no errors again,

(h) plugging in and restarting again,

(i) finding I've lost collection and bookmark info for the book, reading again, searching again, and getting this error again...

What is going on and what can sort this out? Using a Kindle 5 non-touch.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:49 AM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It also changed my font size settings, and backed up and removed bookmarks in some of the books I've been reading. And it still gives that error.
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 01:29 AM   #3
MarjaE
Guru

It keeps shrinking the font size settings, and backing up in books I've been reading, and it's giving the error on books I could search a couple days ago.

Last edited by MarjaE; 06-24-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
One possible cause of this sort of problem is failing mass storage hardware on the device. When that happens writing changes will fail but reading will succeed. That causes it to revert to an older state all or in part, especially following a restart.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:57 PM   #5
MarjaE
Guru

I kept it plugged in, restarted again, and it started reindexing everything overnioght. Although I've lost some progress, everything else seems to be working again.
Advert

Tags
indexing kindle, kindle