Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
adfines
adfines began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Unhappy Help please! Sony PRS-600:, notes & library

Hi everybody. I'm Spanish and I'm a newbie, so please don't you surprise if either my english or my questions turn out to be silly
I've just got my Sony PRS-600. I installed the Ebook Library software that comes with it and Calibre. Not to mention that I had (and still have) problems with the first one, but that's not my question (someday I'll be able to manage it, I hope). Anyway, I'd like to ask you mainly 2 questions:

1. How can I get the paragraphs or lines that I underline (highlight) in my Sony Reader into my computer? I mean, what I'd like to be able to do, is to get the paragraphs in a pc document that I could edit (mainly, saving excerpts). I've noticed that there's a directory where the note are saved, but the files are in a format that I can't open. It would be also great if there were a way to edit the books directly with the Reader and save them modified (with all the highlighted stuff). Is it that possible?

2. The second question is about the in-built dictionary. Does anybody know about a german dictionary option? Will it be available in the future?

Thank you very much. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
adfines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi adfines and welcome to MobileRead. Your English is much better than my Spanish.

Su Inglés es mucho mejor que mi español.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, adfines!

I really can't answer your first question. I remember reading somewhere that you are suppossed to be able to export your notes but I've never done it. If you don't get any answers here, repost your question in the Sony Reader forum. As for the German dictionary, there is only the American and English dictionaries available right now, but if you look at the options for dictionaries on your reader, you will see that they've left it open to add additional dictionaries. Hopefully, they will add them soon. Good Luck.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
ja7343
ja7343 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
I wanted to respond to copy and paste from a text to a word document. Select desired text I prefer S (Small font) in the book and create a highlight, then select the highlight and copy it. Then paste the highlight to a word document. It does contain several steps to complete the process but it works for me. Also any word doc can now be changed into a PDF to then put into your e-reader.

Last edited by ja7343; 05-01-2010 at 03:27 AM.
ja7343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hello adfines, welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfines View Post

1. How can I get the paragraphs or lines that I underline (highlight) in my Sony Reader into my computer? I mean, what I'd like to be able to do, is to get the paragraphs in a pc document that I could edit (mainly, saving excerpts). I've noticed that there's a directory where the note are saved, but the files are in a format that I can't open. It would be also great if there were a way to edit the books directly with the Reader and save them modified (with all the highlighted stuff). Is it that possible?
Unluckily for all of us, happy user of the PRS600, what you want to do is quite difficult if not impossible.
There is a tread going on on this problem. here.

Nevertheless enjoy your nice reader, like I did.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi adfines and welcome to MR. Your English looks fine to me and I could understand what you are asking. The dictionary question has been answered.

For the notes: I can't help (sorry, never needed that feature) but check out the Sony subforum. If you don't find the answer there, go ahead and post a thread with the question.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello adfines, and Click image for larger version

Name:	glo.gif
Views:	419
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	50989 to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, german language, note taking