Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Earthlark
Earthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Advanced search within ebook using application or regex

I'm using the Calibre plugin Quality Check to search books in my library. I'd like to be able to find words related to specific contexts within a book, probably searching the whole book for two or more words appearing in either a single sentence or a paragraph (possibly a section) in any order. For example, if I'm searching for "protein" as it relates to "batter", I'd like to be able to search the book for those two terms without getting results for protein as it relates to meat, nuts, etc.

I've played around with the regex for this a bit, but can't seem to get it, and my regex skills still fairly limited, so I'd really appreciate some help on this.

Or, is there another program or plugin more suited to this task? Cheers!
Earthlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Definitely a task for the calibre experts... suggest repost in calibre sub-forum further down home page... interesting question as well...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Earthlark
Earthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the suggestion.
Earthlark is offline   Reply With Quote