Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in December 2012

I'm starting the new thread. Happy advent time, everyone!

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and occasionally recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Cheryl Holt's Sweet Surrender Free Today!

SWEET SURRENDER - Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9IM452/

Jackson Scott has returned to England—after swearing he never would. A decade earlier, he fled to Egypt, seeking fame and fortune as an African adventurer. But his brother, the Earl of Milton, has died, and Jackson has been named guardian to the man’s young son. He’s chafing at the designation. He doesn’t want to assist his bumbling nephew, doesn’t want to deal with his scheming sister-in-law or domineering mother. Yet he can’t resist their incessant pull.

When beautiful, alluring Grace Bennett arrives unexpectedly at Milton Abbey, she has a young boy with her who she claims is her ward. She tells a fantastical tale about Jackson’s brother. It’s the story of a secret wedding. Of a secret love child finally brought home where he belongs. Of one boy who isn’t the earl and one boy who is.

Against his will, Jackson is attracted to Grace, and because he wants her so desperately, he can’t decide what is real, what is true.

As their worlds collide and their ardor ignites, Jackson must separate fact from fiction, must learn the truth about Grace, despite where it might lead him. Enmeshed in a risky and clandestine affair, his passion for her grows, but so does the danger from those who would keep them apart.

Last edited by dreams; 12-01-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: clean link
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
molly winnie
molly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy bluemolly winnie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iphone
thank you molly winnie
molly winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
No longer a pre-sale book...just in case you missed it before...FREE for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, & at HQN.com

Waking Up Married [Kindle Edition] Mira Lyn Kelly (Author)

AMAZON KINDLE: http://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Marr...154606011_f_17

NOOK B & N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/waki...=9781460301463

KOBO: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Wakin...T9-xIcbFxg&r=7

HARLEQUIN.COM: http://ebooks.harlequin.com/F29A667F...7-8E38796A2C5C

Quote:
From USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly comes WAKING UP MARRIED, a free book in Harlequin's brand-new contemporary romance collection—Harlequin KISS.

Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy…husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter…no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

If you loved WAKING UP MARRIED, be sure to catch four fun, flirty and sensual Harlequin KISS titles available every month starting February 2013!

Last edited by bookratt; 12-01-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added Kobo!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Christmas Babies US DE by Mona Risk (Ellora's Cave/Cerridwen Press/Rose Press author).

Quote:
A heartwarming holiday story, set in South Florida.

Dedicated to her patients, the serious Dr. Madelyn Ramsay never had time for fun. An unexpected health problem jolts her into the realization that there’s more to life than just work. She longs to surrender to the magic of Christmas. But can she handle the charming and secretive Dr. Nick Preston who carries his own package of disillusions? Can she allow two newborn twins to worm their way into her heart?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Samhain's 1st of the month freebie

Dare to Believe [The Gray Court #1] by Dana Marie Bell

Kindle -- Nook -- Samhain (not free yet, likely soon)

Quote:
Leo Dunne has been searching his entire life for the one person born just for him. He finds her working in his own company, but the shy little Ruby Halloway constantly hides from him. He hatches a devilish plot with her best friend to bring her out of her shell, and the result proves her desire is more than a match for his own.

Ruby has had the hots for her boss for some time now, but she knows business and pleasure shouldn’t mix. While that can’t stop a girl from dreaming, she sticks by her guns and does her best never to be alone with the handsome CEO. Until the company masquerade party, where she discovers a passion with him that leaves a mark on her soul.

A family emergency calls Leo away, and rather than spend one night out of Ruby’s arms, he convinces her to go with him. With his brother’s life on the line, it’s vital she learn how to deal with who, and what, her new lover really is…before it’s too late.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free from Medallion Press

Stolen Promise
[Dark Hearts #1] by Lisa Marie Wilkinson - Kindle - Nook

Quote:
Cultures clash and passions collide when a stunning deathbed confession by his mother sends Evan Dark, the heir to a sprawling South Carolina plantation, to England in search of information about the father he never knew. Evan, a Southern gentleman who has just discovered his Gypsy heritage, cannot resist coming to the aid of a spirited young Gypsy woman, Jade of the Lowara tribe, who has fled her campsite after learning she is betrothed to a brutal clansman. Jade's father, seeing an opportunity to bring wealth to his clan through marriage, pegs Evan as Jade's bridegroom. Coerced into marrying Jade, Evan intends to abandon his Gypsy bride and return to South Carolina, where his own fiancée awaits him, unaware that she has been unfaithful with his half brother and that the two are plotting to challenge Evan’s status as heir. When loyalties divide and fortunes are at risk, will Jade's love be enough?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
apesmom
Wizard

Heads up for holiday sales.

Harlequin's Christmas countdown starts today. Today's gift is a free on-line read by Kate Hewitt - The Playboy Prince. It's a pdf so you can save it to your harddrive.

Sourcebook's 25 Days of Christmas starts today - Today's offer is Paris my Sweet by Amy Thomas for $2.99

Sourcebooks also have additional discounts for the month of December. These discounted books are also on sale for DANL members with additional discounts.

There is also a nice batch of newly discounted books for DANL members on the front page of the store all for $0.63 each when you use the DISCOVER15 code which is still working.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you, apesmom! I love Dana Marie Bell, and her Gray Court series have been on my wishlist for ages. So it is really nice to get it for free .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I miss Harlequin's 12 Days of Christmas sale. I'm not holding my breath for the wonder coupon code we had last year, but I do hope they do their annual one-day 50% off all ebooks sale. I bought some during All Romance eBooks' Cyber Monday sale, but many of the titles on my wishlist from this past July's treasury releases weren't available there for some reason.

I also have some old PDF versions I'm just going to rebuy in ePub that I only see at Harlequin's site.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I miss Harlequin's 12 Days of Christmas sale. I'm not holding my breath for the wonder coupon code we had last year, but I do hope they do their annual one-day 50% off all ebooks sale. I bought some during All Romance eBooks' Cyber Monday sale, but many of the titles on my wishlist from this past July's treasury releases weren't available there for some reason.

I also have some old PDF versions I'm just going to rebuy in ePub that I only see at Harlequin's site.
You can get HQs right now at Kobo for 40% off with coupon code: Bargainmoose40
They have all the treasury titles.

I've gone a little hog wild with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch

Happy Birthday, Blossom!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can get HQs right now at Kobo for 40% off with coupon code: Bargainmoose40
They have all the treasury titles.

I've gone a little hog wild with it.
Yeah, but some of the older Harlequin titles I've gotten at Kobo have had really screwy formatting (chapter titles displaying twice, blank pages, etc). Battled with their tier 2 customer service for months, but since they got bought out this last time they don't seem to be very helpful. I finally gave up. Plus, some of the old Silhouette Bombshell books I want I had originally gotten from Kobo as PDF and they don't have them as ePub

At least when I buy directly from the Harlequin site I know they will fix the books eventually if there are issues with them. And they're nice about it.

I should say, these are all mostly books I already in print. It's a sickness that I want to rebuy them in digital just so my Calibre library doesn't have holes in the series I do like to reread. Hence the reason I want to get them on sale
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:

I don't know who would care. but the last 3 years All Romance Ebooks has had the "12 days of Christmas Event" They have already got it advertised on the home page. It's a book a day giveaway. December 13th thru 24th is what is noted now. Just be aware that some will be LBGT books as well.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yeah, but some of the older Harlequin titles I've gotten at Kobo have had really screwy formatting (chapter titles displaying twice, blank pages, etc). Battled with their tier 2 customer service for months, but since they got bought out this last time they don't seem to be very helpful. I finally gave up. Plus, some of the old Silhouette Bombshell books I want I had originally gotten from Kobo as PDF and they don't have them as ePub

At least when I buy directly from the Harlequin site I know they will fix the books eventually if there are issues with them. And they're nice about it.

I should say, these are all mostly books I already in print. It's a sickness that I want to rebuy them in digital just so my Calibre library doesn't have holes in the series I do like to reread. Hence the reason I want to get them on sale
All Harlequin Treasury titles should be publisher versions. So you don't have to worry about it. Basically anything after July 2010 is the Publisher version with HQ on Kobo.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote