Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Everyone does know that a Kindle 3G does away with this discussion. For that matter a Nook 3G as well.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Everyone does know that a Kindle 3G does away with this discussion. For that matter a Nook 3G as well.
We're not discussing what Kindles can do.

So, no, it doesn't.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
We're not discussing what Kindles can do.

So, no, it doesn't.

Did you read the whole statement?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #19
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
We're not discussing Nook 3G either, we're discussing the Nook Color.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
(based on comments here) I find it interesting that tethering with your phone appears to be an extra with US phone providers.. is this correct?

It's just a standard feature with smartphones here. I have both my Nookcolor and Nook touch using it and it's a great feature.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #21
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
(based on comments here) I find it interesting that tethering with your phone appears to be an extra with US phone providers.. is this correct?

It's just a standard feature with smartphones here. I have both my Nookcolor and Nook touch using it and it's a great feature.
Yes tethering Data is an additional fee, it's usually like $30 extra a month so you can tether your laptop to your smartphone. Unless you hack it LOL
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Yes tethering Data is an additional fee, it's usually like $30 extra a month so you can tether your laptop to your smartphone. Unless you hack it LOL
I was positively surprised that tethering worked perfectly in the US using my European phone. On the other hand we have to pay much more for our phones.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahjeanne View Post
Piece of cake with my iphone 4.

d
So connecting w/IP4 is easy? Personal Hotspot? Stock Nook Color?
I know someone who wants to connect with her IP4 but only know android
and couldn't help.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote