Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Raquel
Enthusiast
Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-300
Question How do I stop auto sync?

Hi.

I have PRS-300 and had no problem with it.
But recently, my computer died on me and I installed Reader Library to my new PC.

Now I'm dreading to connect my PRS-300 to the PC, because in my vague memory, Reader Library software starts auto sync immediately, right?
My PRS-300 has 250 books but my Reader Library is empty.
So when auto sync starts, my books in PRS-300 disappears??

Do you have any suggestion to stop this?

Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Raquel.

Someone should step in soon....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Disable Auto sync in Sony software and you'll be fine
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Go to your Sony Reader software. The first thing I disabled is under preferences, that's for "Launch Reader Software every time the device is connected."

Second, when you plug in the reader, go to sync. There should be a folder tree there with checkboxes. Just uncheck everything for autosync.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
azlkk
azlkk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, iPad
I don't know if it's bad feng shui or the latest version of Library, but now when I uncheck Autosync it removes all the files from my PRS700 Reader. I don't recall this as happening with earlier versions of the Library.
azlkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Raquel
Enthusiast
Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thank you!

Thank you, jaxx6166

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Go to your Sony Reader software. The first thing I disabled is under preferences, that's for "Launch Reader Software every time the device is connected."

Second, when you plug in the reader, go to sync. There should be a folder tree there with checkboxes. Just uncheck everything for autosync.
I checked the preferences and did as your instruction.
I had no problem when I connected my reader.
My books didn't disappear!
The autosync didn't start because I disabled it before with my old PC?

Any way, thank you!

Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote