Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
New firmware

Just downloaded and installed the new firmware for the EzReader. Robert thank your guys this is a great start. The zoom is a lot better and the keyboard lock and unlock is working.

Thanks

Chuck

cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does it now support hyperlinks in ePub files?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry I have not checked that the PDFs that I have I created and they do not have links.
charles
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
It does not provide access to hyperlinks. (The menu system has not changed.)
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life

Robert B
If an answer is possible how is it going with the ereader SKU.

Chuck
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
It does not provide access to hyperlinks. (The menu system has not changed.)
That's annoying.

Does the ADE page number on the right side of the screen get larger with ePub when you change the font size? This was a bug before. I'm wondering if it still is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life

The page numbers are not getting larger.

chuck
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The page numbers are not getting larger.

chuck
That's one bug fixed. Now for the other one that makes some book not nice to read.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Let's start pestering Robert till the hyperlink issue is fixed. It's an issue I want resolved before I buy one.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
This is a partial upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's annoying.

Does the ADE page number on the right side of the screen get larger with ePub when you change the font size? This was a bug before. I'm wondering if it still is.

The factory is not done. Another part of the upgrade is still coming.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Err, where are you people seeing this new firmware? Is for the 5" PP or the 6"? Would the new PP be fully updated or do we need to update after we receive it?
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Hyperlink Pestering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Let's start pestering Robert till the hyperlink issue is fixed. It's an issue I want resolved before I buy one.
I know! I know! I cannot fly to China and beat them into doing it. I will again restress that Hyperlink is right up there with the Second Coming of Christ in importance to Americans. Jesus... what an impatient bunch.

Can someone, maybe Mr. Penquin with the hat, please again write out in lay terms what hyperlink does. I don't fully understand and maybe they do not fully understand. Be kind and nice, please, and just explain in a post what it does and why it is so critical! I will copy the post and taatoo it onto some buttocks.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
That's our Robertb.. Mr Tact!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Hyperlinks are links in the ePub that allow internal ToC and endnotes.

Without them, some eBooks are worthless. The Discworld series of eBooks makes extensive use of endnotes and without being able to jump to them, the books are not as good.

HarryT's Haggard anthologies make use of on internal ToC that cannot be used without the ability to have hyperlinks.

A hyperlink is a click here, go there type of link that links to another part of the ePub. And without this working, ADE is virtually a mess (IMHO).

What I want to know is who botched ADE and let this rather serious bug get past certification and is that person still working for whichever company he/she works for?

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Robert, the hyperlink takes you immediately to the end of the chapter where the endnote (like a footnote except a footnote is at the bottom of the page and the endnotes are collected at the end of the chapter) is located.

Personally, I almost never read the endnotes while I'm reading the text. I read the chapter, and then read all the endnotes at once to see if any are interesting. But I agree that the hyperlink would be a good thing to have.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote