Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #46
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
It makes sense....

Could it be writing to the card at that time?
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:08 AM   #47
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
How good is the iGo system?
It's not bad. My roommate doesn't like the way his charges his cellphone (a RAZR), but mine has been ok. I have a laptop charger with the assortment of consumer electronics tips as well, and managed to wire up a few universal tip supplies myself. The system now powers pretty much everything I own, but I use it primarily when travelling. I take a lot of cruises so I appreciate the fact that it takes up such little space (I used to need a large bag just for my adaptors).

My setup powers:

My Travel Laptop
3 Cell Phones
AV-100 Camcorder
Gemstar eBook (and Sony eReader now)
iPaq PDA
iPod
Nintendo DS Lite
Digital Camera
SD Card Databank unit (my camcorder is SD based)

and it works like a charm.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #48
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Buddyboy: That seems like quite a number of gadgets to bring on a boat. Though am guessing that not everything goes to sea at once. Does iGo have any parallel chargers, or is it once device at a time?
(apologies if I misapprehended the term "Cruises")
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #49
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu
Buddyboy: That seems like quite a number of gadgets to bring on a boat. Though am guessing that not everything goes to sea at once. Does iGo have any parallel chargers, or is it once device at a time?
(apologies if I misapprehended the term "Cruises")
Actually most of that list makes it with me, though usually if I bring the laptop, I don't bother with the PDA or the Databank. And yes, you can charge three items at once with a splitter - the laptop plus any two other items.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #50
Teresita3
Teresita3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Any way to delete the factory-installed book excerpts?
Teresita3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #51
Teresita3
Teresita3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Answer to my earlier question: Delete books, including the factory-installed books, through the Connect interface on the PC. No delete option directly on the Reader itself.
Teresita3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #52
kickaha
kickaha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500 / Palm Tungsten T5
Follow up to the sd card topic:

"Can you list SD card mfg, speed etc.... "

The first card I used was an EP Memory 512MB card, I don't know the speed.
The card currently in the Reader is a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB card.
They both work just fine, now that I know about pulling back out to the menu level.

"Could it be writing to the card at that time?"

I thought about that. I tried inserting the card and letting it sit for 5 minutes or so before trying to power it on. I tried letting it sit for 10-16 minutes after power on as well. I tried the previously reported tip of hitting the 'mark' button to see whether it was powered on, and the blue light did indeed light up.

I'll figure out how to use the forums 'quotes' feature at some point in the future.
kickaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #53
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
During the past week in bed, running a fever, I've discovered that I can hold the Reader through the blanket and turn the pages, all without putting my hand/arm out from under cover.

How many times have I tried, and failed miserably, to do that with a paper book?

(I'm better now -- not all better, but better )
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #54
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Chicken soup in-a-can in one hand, Reader in the other, eh Natch?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #55
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Can't see this mentioned anywhere, but I was reading last night, and found that you can:

1.) Hold down the "size" button to change the orientation of the screen without having to go to the menu to do it.

2.) If you hold down page forward or page back, you'll jump forward or back 10 pages at a time. Nifty!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #56
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
How about a tip on making the Sony Reader display Chinese?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #57
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
We're all hoping igorsk will help us out on that sort of thing.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #58
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
These two are rather observations then anything else

1) History. If you by mistake pressed buttons 1-0 while reading the book, then you history to get back to the page you were reading before.
Oh thank you. I just posted on the wish list about a *back* button because I have a habit by accident of hitting one of those buttons and where I was reading went poof and I had to remember what page or close where I was..., I will have to set a bookmark (safety factor) while I try this little tip.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #59
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

Probably it is a repeat of those Slava mentioned at the beginning...
If you need quickly jump to the main screen from any place you are, just press and hold the Menu button. For example, it helps a lot when I read a book and want to change the now playing track.
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:26 AM   #60
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
With rtf files at least, apparently when you save a bookmark, it also saves the size (S/M/L). You can even have two bookmarks in the same book with different associated text sizes, which is perfect if more than one person is reading a book from it at the same time.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote