Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Sunturion
Sunturion began at the beginning.

Device: REB 1100
REB 1100 Registration?

Having just unearthed a REB 1100 and hard resetting it...is there any way to "register" these units today now that the Gemstar servers are no longer up?

I'd be fine with a program allowing me to edit the registration information on the unit as i'd heard idly that it takes the unit longer to initially respond after turning it on if it isn't registered. After the reset I found that felt true.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sean
Sunturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunturion View Post
Having just unearthed a REB 1100 and hard resetting it...is there any way to "register" these units today now that the Gemstar servers are no longer up?

I'd be fine with a program allowing me to edit the registration information on the unit as i'd heard idly that it takes the unit longer to initially respond after turning it on if it isn't registered. After the reset I found that felt true.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sean
There is no way to register it now that the Gemstar servers are gone. I have two REB1100's that are not registered and they have worked just fine for years!

The first reboot after a hard reset may take longer as the SM card gets cataloged as to the ebooks therein. It only does this the first time!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-19-2009 at 10:32 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Sunturion
Sunturion began at the beginning.

Device: REB 1100
Thanks for the quick reply...thats good to know. =)

Sean
Sunturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
Mr_Null
Mr_Null began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
documentation for REB1100

Does anyone have documentation for REB1100?

Especially interested in
1> operating manual
2> repair manual

Only have the base unit, no cables no power supply.

Questions:
A> Where does the power cord go? (Third connector on top?)
B> Will any 12 volt supply work? i.e. how many milliamps?
C> How do I make it go?

Thanks,
Mr Null
Mr_Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Null View Post
Does anyone have documentation for REB1100?

Especially interested in
1> operating manual
2> repair manual

Only have the base unit, no cables no power supply.

Questions:
A> Where does the power cord go? (Third connector on top?)
B> Will any 12 volt supply work? i.e. how many milliamps?
C> How do I make it go?

Thanks,
Mr Null

You need to visit (and take what you need) from this very helpful website http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/REB1100.htm .

It has the programs and info you need for your REB1100. An updated usb driver from ETI would'nt hurt (see http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm )

The best software to use with the REB1100 is it's own eBook Librarian v2.0.244. This will allow you to access/set the REB1100's internal settings (like font selection, I use Verdana) and transfer .rb content to your device,

Also visit our own REB 1100 wiki, which has a lot of informative information.

Have fun!

p.s. just to answer your questions:
1. operating manual included on Install CD available from http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/REB1100.htm .
2. no repair manual available that I know of.
3. power connector is a very small round female plug on the top, under the rubber flap. I think you found it.
4. The REB1100 power adapter is 12 VDC 1000mA, The connector is a barrel type (2.35mm Outside Diameter 0.7mm Inner Diameter) with the center positive. At Radio Shack, this connector tip is the "A" tip.
5. Read this and other linked posts...

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-14-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Be very careful with the Radio Shack adaptor, I just mailed a replacement Rocket to someone that got the polarity wrong! I've been using one for years and have marked the plug just in case.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote