Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
To Bookish Dreamer (and the rest of y'all)

I've finished three more projects for my office. I thought of you (Bookish) when I did the magnet board, because it was super easy to do and I thought it might work for your magnet displays.

It's just a cheapo frame from WalMart ... didn't even have glass, just thin plastic. I tossed the plastic and put flashing in where the photos would go (the dividers are just for show, so it only took one piece of flashing). And, now all my magnets are nicely framed.

Then, I put up some units I got from Pottery Barn on the wall over the desk. The desk is a mess right now, so I didn't include it for a reason.

Last, but not least, I finished the bookshelves for the office. Yeah, I know, they are really simple, but then I'm not a pro. So, give me a break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	idea for magnet board.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	19976   Click image for larger version

Name:	the bulliten board.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	19977   Click image for larger version

Name:	the bookshelf.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	19978  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
WOW! You are soooo coming to my house and helping me! Looks freaking awesome! The bookcases are gorg!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I like the boot in the bookshelf, Ricky. Does it mean something special?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Very nice, Ricky! I have to say that you complete an astounding number of projects. And everything looks so coordinated.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I like the boot in the bookshelf, Ricky. Does it mean something special?
It belonged to my uncle, Admiral (Sir) Levering Smith. There's a piece of paper inside it that says "First (and only) Septennial Safety Shoe Award Won and Worn by Captain Levering Smith USN, USNOTS 1947-1954"

So, I gather this was actually one of his own shoes his men had bronzed and presented to him.

Oh, and PS .... USNOTS is the United States Naval Ordinance Testing Station at White Sands Missile Base in New Mexico (where they tested the atomic bomb). My uncle was in charge of the base for those seven years.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 12-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Very nice, Ricky! I have to say that you complete an astounding number of projects. And everything looks so coordinated.

Dreamer
That's the nice thing about black paint. Makes coordinating the furniture a bit of a breeze.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Beautiful, Ricky. How did your conference go?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Beautiful, Ricky. How did your conference go?
Funny thing that. Our systems were incompatible, so we ended up just having the conference on the phone. HA!!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Funny thing that. Our systems were incompatible, so we ended up just having the conference on the phone. HA!!
All that work and worry............
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh no! Well if you hadn't had that coming, you wouldn't have finished this by now, right?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
All that work and worry............
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh no! Well if you hadn't had that coming, you wouldn't have finished this by now, right?
Yes, exactly. It's much more likely that I will get something done when I have a deadline that I can't move.

The funny thing is .... I even showered, did my hair and put on makeup. All for a phone call.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

One more project done ....

Small parson's table made out of the credenza top I screwed up. The top will be dry in about an hour, then I'll move it into the master bedroom.

Next project, new desktop so I can install my printer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parsons_table.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	20172  
Old 12-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You need to come stay at my house for a while. The tools are in the shed out back. Keep up with your receipts for equipment and supplies. Thanks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You need to come stay at my house for a while. The tools are in the shed out back. Keep up with your receipts for equipment and supplies. Thanks!

"Receipts" Ricky doan need no stinkin' RECEIPTS!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
"Receipts" Ricky doan need no stinkin' RECEIPTS!!
Well, in that case, she will be out a bundle when she remodels my house. It needs lots of work!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote