Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #61
smileman
smileman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I haven't tried it yet. Perhaps the paths are not quite right. I basically took a guess. Too bad there is no detailed info provided by Sony on how to do it.
Mine uploads annotated PDFs from the Sony to Box no problem using the same settings mentioned earlier in this thread.
smileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #62
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileman View Post
Mine uploads annotated PDFs from the Sony to Box no problem using the same settings mentioned earlier in this thread.
I just tried it again and it finally worked! I was prompted to select from a list of folders I created within the parent box drive. Apparently all I had to do was rename a file that had a bunch of nonstandard characters that the device couldn't recognize. Same settings as the original as well.
kaiser s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #63
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

In case you guys find a suitable alternative to the provided case, please do share. I feel like the sleeve doesn't provide enough protection. Mine already has some scratches on the sides despite careful handling. These reveal a lighter-colored layer underneath. Maybe something that can protect the device not only during storage but also when in use. Seeing scratches on $1100 device (..excluding taxes) can be especially painful.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #64
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
Does Sony sell replacement pens for the dpt-s1? Or are there 3rd party pens that are compatible? Does anybody know which technology the pen is using?
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #65
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.G View Post
Does Sony sell replacement pens for the dpt-s1? Or are there 3rd party pens that are compatible? Does anybody know which technology the pen is using?
The type of techonology is most likely Wacom-like, since it's passive. Thus a resonator whose resonance is picked up by the pad. It's just a matter of finding one with a matching frequency, which is unlikely to be found elsewhere. Every manufacturer usually uses their own frequency so that you actually can't use other pens.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #66
kaiser s

Quote:
Yes it's available at their online store for $39.99 including replacement nibs. http://store.sony.com/stylus-pen-for...lections-Other
Old 10-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #67
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
NO! Sony does NOT ship to Europe! That's the problem for us european customers. :-(
There are commercial parcel forwarding services available in the USA.

But how badly you want this?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #68
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
There are commercial parcel forwarding services available in the USA.

But how badly you want this?
I want it sooo badly! :-)

I tried to order it with Borderlinx service two times but Sony cancelled the order both times. I don't understand as Borderlinx does make marketing with purchases of Sony Usa. But perhaps the Pro Division of Sony is another story. I hope Sony refunds the money as they successfully used my credit card both times. :-( How to get it to Germany? Or I could try to order a third time using PayPal to pay... But I don't trust Paypal!

Or is there one of you guys who could buy it for me and send it to Germany?
I guess than I have to use Paypal and pray that I don't "donate" the money to a foreigner. ;-)
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #69
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It's probably worth finding out why they don't ship outside of the US. If it's because the battery in the device doesn't allow it, then getting someone else to buy it for you isn't going to help.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 AM   #70
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It's probably worth finding out why they don't ship outside of the US. If it's because the battery in the device doesn't allow it, then getting someone else to buy it for you isn't going to help.
I'm already on it for a while, though through a bit more promising channel than just myself asking. So far I've only been redirected from office to office, eventually ending up at the German sales office, from whom I haven't received a reply yet.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #71
Abstractus
Abstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it isAbstractus knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I am seriously considering buying DPT-S1, but I wonder in what format does it save handwritten notes and annotations? Can notes and annotated PDFs be easily copied to PC?
Abstractus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 AM   #72
smileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser s View Post
I just tried it again and it finally worked! I was prompted to select from a list of folders I created within the parent box drive. Apparently all I had to do was rename a file that had a bunch of nonstandard characters that the device couldn't recognize. Same settings as the original as well.
good to know as I also just had trouble getting an annotated file to sync. Will see if I have any non-standard file names that might be causing a problem.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #73
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstractus View Post
I am seriously considering buying DPT-S1, but I wonder in what format does it save handwritten notes and annotations? Can notes and annotated PDFs be easily copied to PC?
Pdf can easily be copied to PC with handwritten notes and annotations saved therein automatically.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=550

Last edited by markom; 11-02-2014 at 09:10 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #74
smileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileman View Post
good to know as I also just had trouble getting an annotated file to sync. Will see if I have any non-standard file names that might be causing a problem.
I think my temporary problem with getting my annotated files to sync was because I had not closed the annotated PDFs on the Digital Paper. I just closed the PDFs and they all synced perfectly with annotations in my Box folder.

Last edited by smileman; 11-06-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #75
abscons
abscons began at the beginning.

Hi,

I'm a happy french owner of the Sony DPT-S1 ereader. I just recieve it from shopereader.
For those who are interested, it is possible.

Still i ve got some problem to use the Network Service. Any of you may post a clear ''how to''. I just don't know how complete the information needed.
abscons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf