Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #61
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneTF View Post
Yep, that is one of the reasons why Sony will lose the battle in the long run. It is a shame and completely unnecessary because they had so many advantages going for them. But Sony decided to let it go.

I struggled for many months not to switch to another brand, desperately waiting for some news from Sony's ereader department. I am extremely disappointed that in the end Sony gave me no other choice. They are just to slow to catch up to what is going on in the ereader universe. Just compare the hardware specs of current Sony readers with the Onyx Boox i62 Firefly (I got the 8Gb storage version with 256 Mb system RAM).

Last edited by Iskariot; 04-13-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #62
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
Yep, that is one of the reasons why Sony will lose the battle in the long run. It is a shame and completely unnecessary because they had so many advantages going for them. But Sony decided to let it go.

I struggled for many months not to switch to another brand, desperately waiting for some news from Sony's ereader department. I extremely disappointed that in the end Sony gave me no other choice. They are just to slow to catch up to what is going on in the ereader universe. Just compare the hardware specs of current Sony readers with the Onyx Boox i62 Firefly (I got the 8Gb storage version with 256 Mb system RAM).
Agreed.

Bought my girlfriend a Glo at xmas, and the light is amazing. Sadly, there's an ongoing, unresolved issue with battery drain (unrelated to the light), that I'm waiting to see resolved. It's only triggered under certain circumstances, but if they get that ironed out, and if Sony does NOT come out with a lighted model, I will abandon Sony and move to Kobo myself.

Sad, really, as I've loved my two Sonys, and they've just simply worked. Kobo has a long history of numerous bug/patch cycles that Sony has never had, and I'd prefer to stay with Sony. My next reader WILL be front-lit - it's just a matter of whose I will buy.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #63
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Agreed.

Sad, really, as I've loved my two Sonys, and they've just simply worked. Kobo has a long history of numerous bug/patch cycles that Sony has never had, and I'd prefer to stay with Sony. My next reader WILL be front-lit - it's just a matter of whose I will buy.
If you want one that "just works" get the Paperwhite. It is more reliable than my Sony T1. Thank goodness the Sony has a reset button. I've had to use it more than once. Never needed one on my kindles.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #64
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If you want one that "just works" get the Paperwhite. It is more reliable than my Sony T1. Thank goodness the Sony has a reset button. I've had to use it more than once. Never needed one on my kindles.
I would never recommend Kindle. Problem with Kindle is that you have to buy into a rigid, closed system that holds your books hostage. Amazon's way of doing things gives me a very uncomfortable claustrophobic feeling. Nothing is worth that sacrifice in my opinion.
An open system enables you to switch to any brand of reader any time you want without any hassle. My book collection is mine to read on any devise.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #65
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
So even without the light you have to charge every other week!? And with the light every other day?!
That does not sound right at all.

I own an Onyx Firefly and the light is always on! And I have not charged it for two weeks now. And if the battery indicator is right I will be able to do without charging for another week. On average I read an hour/90 min. a day. I use the front light mostly on the lowest setting, because that is more than enough. I wish it would have an even lower setting.
Isn't '30 minutes reading per day' the official standard for all ereader advertisement? 2-3 hours daily reading = one week battery life. By the way, Sony ereader should have front light, Michael commented in one Goodereader post (his reliable source). Also, in a Chinese mp3 player forum, one member who works for Sony believes it will happen, too. We will know for sure very soon, hopefully within one month or two.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'll admit the French interview where it's said Sony won't be developing a front light reader has me thinking about looking at a Kobo Glo. I really don't like Amazon's closed system, even though you can easily convert all epubs to mobi. I just really don't want to have to do it to enjoy my books. Nook seems inferior to the Kindle or Kobo so far. The Onyx seems nice, but not available in the US and pretty pricey compared to even Sony readers, and heavier than all the others. Also, anything with capacitive touch for me is out, my skin and those screens just don't get along.

So that leaves the Kobo as my only choice for now. I really wish Sony would at least make some official statement about the next ereader soon. If they don't make a front-lit reader, I'd rather have the use of the Kobo Glo now instead of 5 months from now. My 350s would still be my main readers, but there are times I really need a light.

One thing I don't think I can live without though, and not sure if any of the lighted readers except the Onyx can do it, is display the time on the page while reading. Since I stop to read here and there while out waiting a lot, knowing the time is a must for me. Having it on every page like on my 350s makes it very handy, you don't interrupt the reading flow at all like you would checking your watch or bringing up another menu to display the time.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-13-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #67
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would never recommend Kindle. Problem with Kindle is that you have to buy into a rigid, closed system that holds your books hostage. Amazon's way of doing things gives me a very uncomfortable claustrophobic feeling. Nothing is worth that sacrifice in my opinion.
An open system enables you to switch to any brand of reader any time you want without any hassle. My book collection is mine to read on any devise.
Well most people that come to this forum know that is simply not true, if one liberates one's books. I personally side load 100% of my content, with the exception of the free book a month I get from the lending library. I buy it, liberate it, and fix it up to look how I want, then use Calibre to put it on my Kindles.

My Kindle is as open as my Sony.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #68
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I struggled for many months not to switch to another brand, desperately waiting for some news from Sony's ereader department. I extremely disappointed that in the end Sony gave me no other choice. They are just to slow to catch up to what is going on in the ereader universe. Just compare the hardware specs of current Sony readers with the Onyx Boox i62 Firefly (I got the 8Gb storage version with 256 Mb system RAM).
I have a PRS-650, which I like so much that I never thought I'd replace it until it died. However, after trying out a friend's Kindle PW I'd really like a lighted reader, the quality of the Kindle display is amazing. I will never buy a Kindle, however, due to Amazon's policies.

I can wait for a while, the PRS-650 is just as good as it's always been. I really hope Sony regains their senses when it comes to a lighted screen, but if not I might go with the Kobo Glo (hope they get annotation synching sorted, I get the impression they are good at updating their FW). I checked out the Onyx Firefly, but it seems that the lighting is inferior to other readers, and that it has other disadvantages as well. We have had a few of the older Boox models at work, but they sadly hat a lot of flaws both in software and hardware, making me wary of buying a Boox.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #69
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Well most people that come to this forum know that is simply not true, if one liberates one's books. I personally side load 100% of my content, with the exception of the free book a month I get from the lending library. I buy it, liberate it, and fix it up to look how I want, then use Calibre to put it on my Kindles.

My Kindle is as open as my Sony.
On the other hand I doubt that many people frequenting the Sony subforum are unaware of the Kindle, so there must be other issues at play. I seriously don't want to turn this thread into a religious war, but I do think it's pertinent to address the question "Why not buy a Paperwhite" in this context. It's a good question.

I think that drawing a parallel to Apple could be appropriate. Like iStuff, the Kindle is a very good device, it's easy to use and well designed (I've only handled one for about ten minutes, but the quality is without question). Like Apple, Amazon takes the "benevolent" dictatorship approach to customer relations. Iskariot, I, and many with us are highly skeptical to this approach. Amazon has demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have the means and the inclination to remotely disable a Kindle, and to delete legitimately bought books from it.

They do this without any recourse for the customer, and, in at least one case of a disabled Kindle, even refused the baffled individual an explanation. As it turned out, they apparently didn't even investigate the issue properly, as the customer subsequently got her account reinstated and her purchases reactivated. I can see absolutely no use for this functionality that benefits the customer, and I am not comfortable giving such a company control over my device. They have clearly demonstrated that they will not act in the customer's best interest in case of a conflict, thus the "benevolent" part goes out the window at their convenience.

You might think you can sidestep this issue, but what on Earth makes you think that Amazon doesn't know about your "liberated" books on your device? To them, a liberated book bought legitimately from Kobo is indistuingishable from the same book acquired from the seedier parts of the Internet. You might be able to use a Kindle without tying it to an Amazon account (I actually don't know, but it isn't really relevant). I already liberate all my books as a matter of course, and I might consider trying to use a Kindle without an account if it were the only device good enough for my needs. Luckily for me and Iskariot it's not, and we are understandably excited about alternative readers that (might) make coveted features available to us.

And now, back to our scheduled discussion of unsubstantiated rumours about a possible new Sony device
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #70
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I don't want to argue, either. And I am anti iThing so I can understand your sentiment! The reason I brought up the point I did, is because, the Kindle is a fine piece of hardware. Yes you can use it without ever registering it. Whether Amazon knows if one liberates a book or not is immaterial, I don't really think they care....and also immaterial if one does not use the wifi on the device. (And no way would they be able to prove where I got the liberated book).

The other thing I was trying to say is that I have had fewer problems with my kindles than with my Sony T1. (Of course that is only my personal and limited experience).

I do feel that the Sony is more open than any of the big name ereaders. I know that you can't even USE the Nook without registering it. I would be far more afraid to use one of those than a Kindle. And the Kobo, never tried one but heard of all the problems. The Kindle Paperwhite has a fantastic screen and light....if Sony would start selling a product like that, I would probably buy one!

I honestly think that this French interview or whatever has no basis in fact. My opinion. But until SONY comes out with news one way or the other, NO one really knows what they are going to do.

IF they release a Sony with Kindle's screen and similar light, and an SD card slot, that would definitely make it superior to the Kindle. Right now I think the Paperwhite is superior to the other major brands.

Hopefully we will be able to put custom fonts on it....if they do in fact release a new model....which is not yet showing up in my crystal ball. Crossing my fingers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
On the other hand I doubt that many people frequenting the Sony subforum are unaware of the Kindle, so there must be other issues at play. I seriously don't want to turn this thread into a religious war, but I do think it's pertinent to address the question "Why not buy a Paperwhite" in this context. It's a good question.

And now, back to our scheduled discussion of unsubstantiated rumours about a possible new Sony device
Old 04-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #71
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
That's my opinion as well. Should Kindle open up and accept the .epub format, they would certainly be on my list. As is, I have no interest in the Amazon ecosystem.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #72
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I refuse to own iAnything like others here. I hate being locked into one system, and they also tend to be way too pricey. The Kindle at least isn't a price issue and I could see myself converting books and sideloading everything and keeping wi-fi off to get around the biggest issues.

But what really kills the Kindle for me is capacitive touch. I struggle trying to enter things in my Garmin and want to punch it at times (it's not just the Garmin, all capacitive touch systems just don't work well for me). And what do you when reading in the winter, have to buy special $50 gloves just to read on public transportation or outdoors? No thanks.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #73
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I can understand not buying a Kindle because of not wanting to support the "idea" of a closed-system (even though its not truly closed), and the desire to support the small underdog against a huge company (though that point seems a bit bizarre if you own a Sony!) but I don't really get the comparison to Apple. The latter overcharge, force you to buy proprietary accessories and you bascially pay a hefty price for repairs, upgrades etc. Amazon only force anything with their ebook format, you can charge your Kindle and use different brands of accessories that will work with other ereaders, they don't abuse their strong market position with prices but instead are very competitive, including repairs and replacements, plus their level of customer support is very high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
Amazon has demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have the means and the inclination to remotely disable a Kindle, and to delete legitimately bought books from it.
There have been plenty of scare stories of people having their accounts closed for alleged missuse and losing access to their books. Usually you find that a) they haven't actually lost their books from their Kindle and have in fact just not been able to access their account because it's been closed or suspended, and b) they aren't being very honest when they say they have no idea why Amazon closed their account.

The fact is, the chances of you having books removed from your Kindle are next to nothing. Besides, anyone who keeps all their books on their ereader and doesn't have them backed up anywhere else is being a bit daft. They could easily lose their ereader or break it and then they'd have no books?!

You can use a Kindle without registering it to any Amazon account just like you can do with most other ereaders. Personally, I have mine registered, I ocassionally have wi-fi turned on to download books wirelessly from Amazon, but mostly I sideload, and always with books that have their DRM removed, immaterial of whether I've bought them from Amazon or eslewhere or free books from mobile read, project gutenberg etc. Do Amazon know about all these "liberated" books I read on my Kindle? Who knows & who cares? Why on earth do you think they even know or want to know?

I can understand the anti i-Whatever, just think the bias against Amazon/Kindle is a little nonsensical at times. There are perfectly plausible reasons not to want to buy a Kindle (no SD card the main one), and things like comparing them to Apple, complaining about them doing their best to avoid paying as much tax as possible (unless you avoid doing business with a ton of other companies that try the same), and big brother behaviour seem pretty weak to me.

I've personally been tempted to switch to the Kobo Glo just because of my personal tendency to side with the underdog, but I am far from convinced about their update/bug-fix practices. I'd probably still buy most of my ebooks from Amazon as I like their store far better than others, but I am happy to pick the best device for me, and not worry about who makes it.

As for the capacitive touch screen, I'm not fussed between it or the infra-red, just as long as there are page turn buttons too. On the side like the Nook & the older Kindle's please!

Last edited by soulfuldog; 04-14-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: to fix quote
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #74
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The fact is, the chances of you having books removed from your Kindle are next to nothing.
The point is that they have and they can.

Quote:
You can use a Kindle without registering it to any Amazon account just like you can do with most other ereaders.
But then you can't use basic features such as collections. Amazon have designed their devices this way purely as a deterrent to not registering the device.

Quote:
complaining about them doing their best to avoid paying as much tax as possible (unless you avoid doing business with a ton of other companies that try the same), and big brother behaviour seem pretty weak to me.
Amazon has avoided tax to the tune of BILLIONS over the last few years. They have paid tax at a rate of less than 1%. Why should Amazon be allowed to do that when workers on minimum wage pay many times more than that? They treat their temp workers like crap and they don't give to charity.

IMO that's a pretty strong argument for not buying Amazon. Companies like Amazon damage our society and I choose not to buy from them.

So anyway, looks like the next Sony will be crap. Lol.

Last edited by Rizla; 04-14-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #75
Iskariot
Zealot

Quote:
that is simply not true, if one liberates one's books.
The second part of the sentence is the key.
Not everybody is in the business of liberating .
Most people I know who own an ereader can just manage to copy their books to the reader. They do not liberate, they do not convert or anything else that needs a bit more insight in the technical side of ereading.

So, in general, what I said is true.

Personally I refuse to buy any book that needs liberating. The last 6 months I already bought 30 ebooks. None of them needed liberation. I will never buy locked books, ever.