Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
yoss15
Enthusiast
yoss15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle PC Column View

Hi I already posted this in Kindle but got no responses so I thought that the mobi forum might be more appropriate.

I'm putting together an ebook in Sigil as an epub. I've been using Kindle Gen to convert it to .mobi and with the earlier versions, when I viewed it with Kindle for Mac I was able to enable column view. However now that I am just about finished I'm no longer able to view it in column view.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
yoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Get an older version of Kindle for Mac or an older version of kindlegen.

MOBIs built with the latest kindlegen (KF8 format) can't be read (currently, anyway) by Kindle for Mac or Kindle for PC in multi-column view (in Kindle applications >= v1.9.0). Those new versions of the Kindle app will choose to display the KF8 version of the Kindlegen-built MOBI, but will only display it in single-column view. Perhaps that will change in later versions, but for now... single column only for KF8 ebooks.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-12-2012 at 07:21 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert