Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Am I sending emails to the right place?

I've sent three emails to kobo and have yet to receive a response and I am wondering if I am actually sending them to the right place or if it's just a case of their customer service people not bothering to read emails.

I want to find out about repairing my Kobo touch but no one responds to my emails. I've been sending emails to help@kobobooks.com. This is the only place I can find to send emails. Is this the right place or is there somewhere else I need to go?

I used to like the Kobo and recommended it to other people but this is starting to piss me off.

Anyway, if I am sending email to the wrong place could someone please tell me the right place and where to find it.

Thanks
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Try going here instead:

https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo

I've gotten quicker replies by posting there
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Have you got an auto-reply back acknowledging your e-mails? That should come in 10-15 minutes after you submit and includes an "incident number". If you're not getting these, I would check your e-mail spam box. A lot of replies from Kobo seem to get caught up in them.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
touring
Connoisseur
touring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I would check your e-mail spam box. A lot of replies from Kobo seem to get caught up in them.
Not surprising. After 3 unsubscribe requests were ignored by Kobo's newsletter publishers, I have written a filter to send mine to the trash automatically. They are still coming though.
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Discovered the problem

I think I found the problem. My emails were not getting through for some reason.
I was clicking on the "contact us" button on their website, a new window would pop up and I would write my message and send it off. I don't think those messages went anywhere. I was signed in at the time and my email address is correct (I checked) but nothing ever seemed to happen.

I wrote a new message, manually typing in the email address in Yahoo mail and then I got a response, both the automatic email notification and another one from a real person.

Thanks for the help
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
ageinghoody
ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.ageinghoody understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: kobo touch
I bought my KT in November.

I've emailed Kobo on 4 seperate occasions since, using my own email account and copying the address from the auto-generated Outlook box.

I've received auto-acknowledgments but nothing further in response to any of them.

Can't say I'm impressed.
ageinghoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One means that seems to work (and it's a shame one has to do it this way) is after opening a problem, post the ticket number on the getsatisfaction web site https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote