Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
terrycagg
terrycagg began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-book reader
Converting to BBeb?

Great site ! Soooo glad we found it. We are a cpl and both have sony readers.....I love peer to peer so I have 10,0000 books that do not play on the reader. Have tryed Amber ect and nothing works well. Would love to find a convert for lit, word, pdf,text ect to the sony format BBeb. Any help please and thank you in advance.
terrycagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I am going to be nice and assume that you mean that you have 10,000 legal, public domain books. This is a stictly legit e-book site and we don't "do" criminal stuff here, nor will anyone endear themselves here by boasting about their criminal activities.

Having got that out of the way, how should you convert your public domain books to the Sony LRF format? Most people here use one of two freely available tools:

1. Book Designer. This is a Russian program which will load a wide variety of input formats, and produce a wide variety of different output formats, including Sony Reader. Has a nice editor interface which lets you edit your book, too.

2. LIBPRS500. This is a suite of tools which will take a variety of different input formats and produce Sony LRF output.

See the "Reader Contents" subforum of the "Sony Portable Reader" forum for details of both.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
terrycagg
terrycagg began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-book reader
Thank you harry and yes, all are indeed are legal books that the copy right have expired. Or have never had one.
terrycagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
ks4au
ks4au began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505,MIO PDA
The reader is supposed to handle plain old txt files, and of course, EVERYONE knows that there are more than 10K books on project Gutenburg, as TXT files. When using a .lit reader, I wrote a simple QBASIC program to convert txt to html...adding in <BR> on blank lines, etc, then I ran the HTML into .LIT files. Some books took a while to convert, because I also looked for chapter numbers and the word Chapter, then inserted headings around the chapter titles, and tags for a TOC. I could do a large book in about 2 hours, but when I was done, I had a good looking book in the .LIT format.

I just pushed an openSSL license.txt up to the sony reader, and it needed a little formatting, like the removal of line feeds inside of paragraphs, but TXT works fine on the Sony reader prs-505, That would be easy to do, just add a line feed whenever finding a blank line, and concatinate the rest.

JimB
ks4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
prun
prun began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
Hi Harry,

I am in a similar situation, I have a number of ebooks in Adobe Digital Edition format. I downloaded and installed the libprs500 for mac utility and attempted to converthem without success. They are perfectly readable using the Adobe Digital Editions s/w, however libprs500 responds with the message [ConversionError: libprs500_0.4.28_OYOcHC.html does not seem to have any content].

Have you any information about this issue or someone to contact?

Regards,

Prun
prun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
ks4au: If it is open license, why not post a copy here for others to use.

prun: Leave a trouble ticket for kovid where you downloaded libprs500 https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If it's a PDF it's most likey DRMed. Currently there's no way to read DRMed PDFs other than by using Adobe software.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote