Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Converting "NOOK kids read to me" books

Hello gang,

When I had a nook Color, I bought Sandra Boynton's "The Going to Bed Book" to read to my two-year-old boy. I have since traded for a Kindle Fire (since 99% of my 500+ books are mobi and my wife buys Kindle).

Is anyone aware of any methods to get that book to play in the nook app for Android or Windows/Mac?

I'm familiar with the deDrm tools but I don't think that will help since it's probably in some very proprietary format.

Thanks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I haven't seen any way to get the "read to me" books from the Nook Color to work in the Nook for Android app. Sorry.

It is worth noting that "read to me" books DO work in the iPad Nook app after an update about 6 months ago. I used to hold out hope that the Nook for Android app would see a similar update. Still waiting.

In the meantime, however, that the Sandra Boynton books are available in the Android Market as APPS, not books for $3.99 each (same price as B&N Nook Books). These apps work on most android devices - my phone and nook color w/ cm7 for example. I would guess they would work on your KF. If you have only purchased one as a Nookbook, I would suggest you look at repurchasing as an App. If you have a whole library, than I guess you can continue to hope that at some point the Nook App for Android gets updated with the read-to-me feature to access those nookbooks.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Actually, I did purchase the app as well, but it was within the nook's Market. I don't mind buying it again it I could find a way to get the APK onto my Fire. For some reason, I don't see any of my kids' Nook Books on the iPad. Not even in the archive. I opened up a ticket with support to figure that out.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote