Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #61
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Folks should tell them to check their own support forum.
I agree with this. However, the Mods on the forum can't even bother to answer the posts that are put on the forum. I've asked for at least an acknowledgement of the posts there. Nothing yet.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #62
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Just had a look on the UK forums and noticed its not been raised here yet. Posted it now as a query, the more comments they get the more likely they'll be to prioritise the fix.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 05:57 AM   #63
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Just had a look on the UK forums and noticed its not been raised here yet. Posted it now as a query, the more comments they get the more likely they'll be to prioritise the fix.
link?
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #64
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fujisawa View Post
link?
Sorry the discussion forums are HERE
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #65
Lorif
Lorif began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, prs-t1
Since the original problems, I have been using mainly the buttons when I am reading and have not had any freezes. I did report it to Sony and all they could seem to do is give me info for resetting it. I think like others here that it is linked to swiping technique and pulling up the dictionary either on purpose or accidentally.
I don't find it inconvenient to use the buttons, just really glad that the option is there.
I do hope that there is some kind of a fix for it, but it is not stopping me enjoying the reader for now.
Lori
Lorif is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #66
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
I have to agree with Lorif,

I found that using the buttons at times while reading for long periods of time does keep the freeze/page turn issue from occurring as often or at all.

I usually go into page turns at least three times a day. Yesterday, I used the buttons off and on during a three hour period of reading and had NO freezes.

Defeats the purpose of the capabilities of the T1, however, something I am willing to do until: A: Sony does a software update to fix the problem or B: Return it prior to the end of my 90 days.

I tried the library function and author/book sort slider in the home screen for books. Both worked very well.

Come on Sony, get with the program...no seriously, get with it....
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #67
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I've read five books on the T1 since I got it, only one of them crashed repeatedly and froze (Terry Pratchett's 'Snuff' bought directly from the Sony Store, which also had some strange formatting issues).

I downloaded the same book to my PC, stripped the DRM, sideloaded it to the T1, and it stopped crashing.

So I'm thinking the issue has something to do with a clash between Android and ADE or whatever permutation of same are on the T1.

So from now on I'm only direct downloading DRM-free books (which is mostly what I read anyway, but it was Pratchett(!), ya know?)
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #68
MsD
MsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS300,Sony PRS T1,Nexus 7
I bought my reader a few days ago at Future Shop Canada . So far, I've had the flipping pages and screen freeze happen three time and had to reset to get it working again ..no other issues to report .
MsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #69
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Have not had the flipping issue since I recharged battery, and did the soft reset.

I have primarily been using the buttons to turn pages, but every now and again use the swipe to to turn pages.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #70
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Sounds like a flipping disaster.

500, 505 & 650 that I have never crushed.
Well in the very beginning 500 could crush with odd RTFs but they published a firmware update within a few months and it resolved the problem.

What do we have now?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #71
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Sounds like a flipping disaster.
Not for everybody...

Like I said before, I use the buttons primarily and haven't had any issues.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #72
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Not for everybody...

Like I said before, I use the buttons primarily and haven't had any issues.
When I pay money for a gadget I expect it to work. I am not paying money and looking forward to bypassing primary features that I paid my money for.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #73
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
When I pay money for a gadget I expect it to work. I am not paying money and looking forward to bypassing primary features that I paid my money for.
I second that. That is why all 3 of mine were returned. If I had wanted too use buttons I would have bought another reader.

Plus of if you are not letting Sony know there is a problem, they aren't going to move to fast to fix it for just a few of us.

Last edited by Pomtroll; 10-19-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #74
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
According to sonymod_mb, the reader requires service.

Quote:
Re: PRS-T1 crashing, freezing....
by sonymod_mb » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Thank you for your posts. If the Reader is consistently freezing with all types of e-books and a reset has not made any difference then the Reader will likely require service. It will also require service if the touch screen is not responsive or oversensitive. If you have only recently purchased the unit then you should be able to arrange a return depending on the retailer. Either way, give Sony product support a call and they can look into the matter for you:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... ?mdl=PRST1
https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11379

All the problems I keep seeing is depressing. I am going to use rss feeds instead of my newspaper when my subscription runs out at the end of the year so I wanted a backup, and the T1 looked perfect.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #75
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
What features are being bypassed? I library lend via device and read my books via sdcard without issues. I'm not trying to argue, just understand what issues others are having....
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote