Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #46
hoodaman
the new guy
hoodaman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I was told that cancelling a credit account in some cases can negatively affect your credit score.

BTW, I applied for my card online friday night. How long should I wait before pestering who I need to pester?

Thanks,
Dave
hoodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #47
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodaman View Post
BTW, I applied for my card online friday night. How long should I wait before pestering who I need to pester?
I ordered the card on Sunday and received it the following Friday. I already have one card through Chase, I don't know if that would have expedited things.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #48
hoodaman
the new guy
hoodaman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
so give it about a week. Man, that's cutting it close...hopefully it won't take that long.

Thanks for the info,
Dave
hoodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #49
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
Well wanted to report that after 7 full days(now 7/21) of waiting theres no change in my order status (not shipped yet), just checked credit card status and it still hasnt been charged. hope they ship this week......
Did yours ever ship? I called and they told me that they usually take 2 weeks to process the order before it will ever ship. This is bait and switch as they designed the promotion so that it is impossible for the consumer to fulfill the requirements. I've had my order in for over a week and nothing has happened yet here either.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #50
Jersey
Jersey began at the beginning.

Device: FRPRS500U
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Did yours ever ship? I called and they told me that they usually take 2 weeks to process the order before it will ever ship. This is bait and switch as they designed the promotion so that it is impossible for the consumer to fulfill the requirements. I've had my order in for over a week and nothing has happened yet here either.
well its 7/23 and just checked, credit card not charged, and it hasnt shipped. we shall see the CS person when i orderd told me as long as it was ordered before the 16th i would have it before the 31st. time will tell.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #51
rdelfin
rdelfin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Thumbs down Mine hasn't been shipped either, and something worse!

I just sent this message to the "contact us" page of the sony rewards website:

---------------
It's been 10 days since I submitted my claim to redeem points for a product and it still hasn't been shipped!! What's wrong?

Even my Sony Visa credit card (through which I made this transaction) no longer shows the pending charge that it showed a few days back, and it has been restored as if the transaction never happened!

Is this supposed to take this long? Is this acceptable and normal in your end?

My order number is ######, please reply and provide an explanation.

Thank you.

Will keep you posted when I get a response, but judging by how this has unfold, I seriously doubt they will be prompt with their reply.
rdelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #52
theshiz
theshiz began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I received shipment confirmation for the reader, but now I'm wondering if I will get the free ebooks, anyone know how to go about getting the $150 in free ebooks?
theshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #53
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiz View Post
I received shipment confirmation for the reader, but now I'm wondering if I will get the free ebooks, anyone know how to go about getting the $150 in free ebooks?
Supposedly, all you need to do is activate the eReader by 31 Jul. The $150 is $50 for any book and $100 worth of "classic" books. By "classic" books, they mean books that already in the public domain.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiz View Post
If you get your reader before August 1, install Connect, register for an account, and then authorize the reader. But when Connect asks if you are in the US, click yes even if not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #55
theshiz
theshiz began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you get your reader before August 1, install Connect, register for an account, and then authorize the reader. But when Connect asks if you are in the US, click yes even if not.

what garbage, it took them forever to ship it, i probably won't receive it before august 1st. oh well, $100 of the books are ones I could download for free anyway.
theshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #56
MustardJeep
MustardJeep began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten/Sony Reader
Sony Reward offer

Had this showup in my e-mail, thought I would pass it along.

Quote:

Carry a stack of books in one hand!

Here's good news for people who love books. With the Sony Reader you can carry a library of books in a device as small as a paperback. Don't worry about trying to choose which books to take along when you travel ? now you can take them all. No matter what type of book you're in the mood for, your favorite titles are right there at your fingertips.

Now, for a limited time, you can put that stack of books in your hand for only 16,000 Sony Rewards Points ? a savings of over 50% off the original points value!

Don't miss out - this exclusive offer expires September 30, 2007. Click the Learn More link below for more information, and then log in to get the special reduced points pricing on yours now.

Learn More
http://ct.tx.sonyrewards.com/rd/cts?...6-0-0-0-1-1-66

Best regards,

The Sony Rewards Team
MustardJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #57
twb010
twb010 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I got the same email, as did a user on the fatwallet forums. I think it was just a mass email sent out to all Sony Rewards Customers.
twb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #58
MustardJeep
MustardJeep began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten/Sony Reader
Yeah kinda figured, but thought it was rather funny considering I ordered my reader a while back. A great thing about sony is that they do enjoy their sales.
MustardJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #59
edbro
Banned

Kinda makes you wonder what's really going on. Why all of a sudden is there this big push for the eReader? First, there is the SonyRewards credit card offer, then the big advertisements in the NY Times, and now this mass email about the $160 sale. Are they unloading inventory in anticipation of a newer model?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe they are making the push now before the other guys such as the Cybook are available and Sony finally has real competition. The iLiad really isn't competition. Different class unit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote