Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #211
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney View Post
Still waiting on mine. I am pretty sure I ordered from Borders on the first day available, 6 August. I just got off the phone with their rep who said they were back ordered.
No email came to let me know this. Kinda bummed since I already bought an ebook I am dying to read.
same here...bought 3 ebooks that I was looking forward to reading...

about annotations, I just tried some stuff on their elibrary software. yeah, only the first sentence or so of highlights get exported to document. However, one thing I was able to do was if you highlight epub books you can copy the highlights and past as notes. that way when you export, you can have it on page of exported file. it's a bit of a long way to do things but it's the only option at the moment. the bad part is I was hoping to export my pdf highlights for my study.
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #212
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lev View Post
same here...bought 3 ebooks that I was looking forward to reading...

about annotations, I just tried some stuff on their elibrary software. yeah, only the first sentence or so of highlights get exported to document. However, one thing I was able to do was if you highlight epub books you can copy the highlights and past as notes. that way when you export, you can have it on page of exported file. it's a bit of a long way to do things but it's the only option at the moment. the bad part is I was hoping to export my pdf highlights for my study.
Yeah. I decided that I will have to look at them as notes while I write. Oh well. I'm kind of hoping there is a hack out soon.
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #213
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
What have they done to bookmarks!

Oh my, bookmarks are now pretty much unusable on the 600. No longer a button and to set a bookmark now you have to do the following within the book:

Press Options button
Tap Create/Edit Notes
Tap the bookmark icon
Tap Close Icon.

Four actions to bookmark a page! Why oh why Sony? It's unusable!

Let's hope someone works out how to customize the menus soon.
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #214
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
Oh my, bookmarks are now pretty much unusable on the 600. No longer a button and to set a bookmark now you have to do the following within the book:

Press Options button
Tap Create/Edit Notes
Tap the bookmark icon
Tap Close Icon.

Four actions to bookmark a page! Why oh why Sony? It's unusable!

Let's hope someone works out how to customize the menus soon.
To set a bookmark, just double tap the top right corner.

PRS-600 Users Manual (Page 94).
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #215
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Yep, WDE is correct, as usual ! All you have to do is double tap the upper right corner and wait a few seconds. The same to delete a bookmark. The only buttons they got rid of were the back button and the search which are now accomplished through the Option button.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #216
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

PRS-600 Users Manual (Page 94).
LOL. Thanks! How embarrassing...
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #217
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
And if you read in landscape mode, if you're reading the bottom half of the page double tap the bottom right corner.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote