Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
superfrank
superfrank began at the beginning.

Device: cybook?
What color?

What color is the best for an eBook reader?

Silver, black or red?

Thanks.
superfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Red. It's the best color for most everything.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
What color is the best for an eBook reader?

Silver, black, BLUE, or red?

Thanks.
Erm..... you forgot BLUE .... Fixed it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
Red. It's the best color for most everything.
Humm...I think I remember a thread or two around here or maybe a poll that mentioned the superiority of the the BLUE color....

****actually, the BLUE color on the 505 is so dark it seems like black. IMO, the darker color makes it seem to fade into the background***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
Who was the one who said "Black is the new Black"? (No, I did not write it wrong :P)
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
I think this discussion was around almost a year ago. And the agreement then was that dark colored readers were preferable. Due to the screen being concieved as "brighter" on a dark colored reader than on a light colored one
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I can't remember such an agreement I still prefer silver - at least for my Sony Reader
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Seriously, I think it's all just a matter of personal preference. I don't recall anyone on here ever saying that the color of their reader has made it difficult for them to read books. You get the color that appeals to you most or the color that you can find, and I think you'll be happy.

I loved my black PRS-500. I loved my silver PRS-505 until they released red. I love red and and whined that I never get the red electronics until my husband gave me the red one last year for Christmas. I loved that red PRS-505, and now I love my PRS-600 in red. In my experience, the color of the reader only ever mattered when I was looking at the color of the reader - not while I was reading.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
What color is the best for....don't care about the rest, Black is always best!
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Everyone knows the red one is always faster!
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I can't remember such an agreement I still prefer silver - at least for my Sony Reader
HA! I KNEW I was right! It's not a long thread, but I was going ape over it, I knew I hade seen and posted in a similar thread before

Here you go
Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
Everyone knows the red one is always faster!
Sorry... that only applies to cars and motorbikes
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
frogger72
frogger72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I bought a silver one because it was free next day shipping lol, ordered tuesday from BC, received wednesday in Ontario.
frogger72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
HA! I KNEW I was right! It's not a long thread, but I was going ape over it, I knew I hade seen and posted in a similar thread before

Here you go
Pfft! One, little thread is far from the impression you gave of a universal agreement. You have to do better than that
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Pfft! One, little thread is far from the impression you gave of a universal agreement. You have to do better than that
Well, considering it's almost a year ago.... I remembered it as if there were more people involved. I blame age and failing memory on this one
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Silver is

(Altho I am tempted by the Pocket Pro because it comes in purple )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote