Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #241
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but the Gecko covers for the T1 with light no longer appear to be on their website.id So is there any actual alternative for the T1 for a cover with a light that is not from Sony and no cheap junk clip on for the light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #242
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yep, perfect fit as it cover part of the power button and the buttons on the left and right sides.
On the T2 the buttons are a bit higher up, so the straps don't interfere with the front buttons at all, but they do cover the power button. But it's no problem, you just push the leather strap where the power button is located and -- voila' -- it works. I like the fact that this case leaves room for the stylus.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #243
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
On the T2 the buttons are a bit higher up, so the straps don't interfere with the front buttons at all, but they do cover the power button. But it's no problem, you just push the leather strap where the power button is located and -- voila' -- it works. I like the fact that this case leaves room for the stylus.
But this is for a T1, not a T2 and any straps that have to be moved even a fraction to get at any buttons/controls is a poor fit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #244
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I have one of the first Gecko covers for the T1, and i thought the bottom strap across the front interfered with the buttons. Eventually I noticed that I could push the T1 up a bit and the buttons would be easier to reach. So I cut two pieces of plastic foam to fit between the bottom straps and the reader, which worked perfectly. When they fell out I glued them in. Much happier now.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #245
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But this is for a T1, not a T2 and any straps that have to be moved even a fraction to get at any buttons/controls is a poor fit.
What can I say? The M-Edge Go! Jacket wasn't designed for the T2. But it works very well anyhow -- it's actually easier to hit the strap where the power button is (you get a bigger "landing zone") than it is to hit the power button by itself. And, unlike most of the "form-fit" cases for the T2, there's a place to stow the stylus. Besides, I like the design of the M-Edge Go! jackets -- I use them for my Nook Simple Touches also.

Choice is a good thing.

EDIT: I was thinking this was a different thread. I can't speak for the Go! Jacket with the T1, as I don't own a T1.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote