Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Neonfilm
Neonfilm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile A Christmas Cameron

'A Christmas Cameron' - a reworking of a Christmas Carol with Prime Minister David Cameron in the title role will be available free for 24hours today at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Christmas-...2601859&sr=8-1

See description below:

A great frost has fallen on the United Kingdom; carried on the breath of its Prime Minister, David Cameron.

And David is especially unimpressed by Christmas. Peace and goodwill are unfamiliar ideas to a man whose merriment comes from chopping away with his hatchet of power at the poor and vulnerable. Thankfully though, Christmas is also a time when warm and gentle winds move through the world - winds that can bring about a thaw in even the iciest of hearts….

One fateful Christmas Eve, a strange encounter with a tortured and remorseful Margaret Thatcher sets in motion a series of ghostly meetings that bring David face to face with the terrible consequences of his actions as Prime Minster. But will this be enough to bring about a change in the most stubborn of of men?​

A Christmas Cameron is a contemporary reworking of Dickens’ classic tale of yuletide transformation. If a character as miserly as Ebenezer Scrooge can be redeemed through empathy and compassion, then let us pray, for all our sakes, that the same is true for David Cameron!

www.achristmascameron.com

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-13-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Neonfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Free to Kindle Prime members. I'm so taken with the subject - I despise Cameron almost as much as I despise Blair - that I'll try to track it down at Kobo.

Last edited by AlexBell; 11-13-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: fixed typo
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Their is no politician that I trust .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
This Book is now free not just for prime members
I just tried, and it's still only free for Kindle Prime Members. I decided to buy it anyway since I can't find an ePub version, but it's not available to people in Australia.

Are you listening, Neonfilm? That's a sale and a review you don't have.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Title corrected due to being misleading.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

About five minutes after I did my last post I thought of trying Amazon.com, and surprise, surprise, it's there - at full price. It's in azw3 format.

I bought it, did the magic incantations, and am about halfway through reading it on my Sony.

I have mixed feelings about it; there are more typos etc than there should be, and I think the author goes overboard with personal villification. But as a portrayal of the conservative mindset and its effect it's very good.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I downloaded this free, and I have to say that I find it in very poor taste. I have no great liking for Mr Cameron's policies, but this is just a personal attack, pure and simple.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
Neonfilm
Neonfilm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Red face Free 16th December - 'A Christmas Cameron' - A story for Christmas 2012

Dear friends, free today (16/12) - a story for Christmas...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Christmas-...5626359&sr=8-2

Please allow for Pacific Standard time (may be available free slightly later in the day in some countries)

A great frost has fallen on the United Kingdom; carried on the breath of the Prime Minister, David Cameron.

And David is especially unimpressed by Christmas. At a time of year when peace and goodwill should reign supreme, cruelty and prejudice sit enthroned; bringing, instead of joy - persecution to the poor, vilification to the vulnerable and subjugation to the sick.

But despair not, ye persons who are kind of heart, for lo and behold! Christmas is also a time when warm and gentle winds move through the world - winds that carry spirits who can bring about a thaw in even the iciest of hearts….

One fateful Christmas Eve, a strange encounter with a tortured and remorseful Margaret Thatcher sets in motion a series of ghostly meetings that bring David face to face with the terrible consequences of his actions as Prime Minster. But will it be enough to bring about a change in the most stubborn of men?

A Christmas Cameron is a contemporary reworking of Dickens’ classic tale of yuletide transformation. If a character as miserly as Ebenezer Scrooge can be redeemed through empathy and compassion, then let us pray, for all our sakes, that the same is true for Prime Minister Cameron!

www.achristmascameron.com
Neonfilm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, dickens, fiction, free, humour