Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #421
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine GreenTea View Post
Thank you for confirming the presence of these dictionaries in the US model. These are down from a longer list on the T1, right?
Yes, in addition to the ones you listed, the US version of the T1 also comes with German, Italian, and Dutch translation dictionaries (to/from English).

Quote:
I am curious if Sony bothered to make a separate version for the T2 sold in Europe. Frankly, I doubt it: economically it wouldn't make much sense.
I thought I read that they did, but I can't say for certain.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #422
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Quote:
I am curious if Sony bothered to make a separate version for the T2 sold in Europe. Frankly, I doubt it: economically it wouldn't make much sense.
I thought I read that they did, but I can't say for certain.
There are US, European, Japanese and - still to come - Russian versions.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #423
Tdew
Tdew began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
There are US, European, Japanese and - still to come - Russian versions.
I ended up with an Italian T2 when my bag with two PRS-505s was stolen in Italy. I can confirm that there are different dictionaries on the European models. They are:
New Oxford American Dictionary
Oxford Dictionary of English
Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary (En-Fr) and also (Fr-En)
Collins English German Dictionary and also German English
Oxford Spanish Dictionary (En-Es) and (Es-En)
Collins English Italian Dictionary and also Italian English
Van Dale Pocketwoordenboek English - Nederlands and also Nederlands - English

I was perfectly happy with the 505 - I don't really like the touch screen or feel the need for wireless - but the sample model was the only Sony available and I NEEDED to have my books. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.
Tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #424
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
I ended up with an Italian T2 when my bag with two PRS-505s was stolen in Italy. I can confirm that there are different dictionaries on the European models. They are:
New Oxford American Dictionary
Oxford Dictionary of English
Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary (En-Fr) and also (Fr-En)
Collins English German Dictionary and also German English
Oxford Spanish Dictionary (En-Es) and (Es-En)
Collins English Italian Dictionary and also Italian English
Van Dale Pocketwoordenboek English - Nederlands and also Nederlands - English

I was perfectly happy with the 505 - I don't really like the touch screen or feel the need for wireless - but the sample model was the only Sony available and I NEEDED to have my books. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.
Which is identical to the list on the US T1. I think you'll find the touchscreen is much easier for both dictionary lookups and annotations. It doesn't make much difference for most other tasks. I still use the physical page buttons for my T1, not swiping the screen.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #425
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
How do I...?

Could anyone help me with this issue, which does not seem to be covered in the Manual:

I connected the reader to my PC via the usb port, but I did not confirm immediately that I wanted the computer to recognize the reader. So, after some message (which I did not pay attention to...) the reader switched to charging mode.

But I don't want to chage it right now. I just want to connect it to the PC to transfer some books. How do I revert to computer communication mode?
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #426
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Just unplug it and plug it back in. And press transfer mode when prompted on reader screen
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #427
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast

I have done that, but still not working.

It's probably a computer thing. I see it fails to see a usb key as well.

I'll switch the computer off and on and see if it works then.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #428
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
I have done that, but still not working.

It's probably a computer thing. I see it fails to see a usb key as well.

I'll switch the computer off and on and see if it works then.
Some times the computer will set default actions to do (auto play settings) ie import pictures from camera. Wonder if that is what has happened? Maybe check the auto play settings
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #429
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Might be the PC USB port - are you using a hub ?
Sometimes it works better direct in't back of the beast ...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #430
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast

@ Thanks Thomas & Carpetmojo,

It was just a computer thing (both the ereader and a USB key I had had become invisible). I rebooted it and all is fine now.

I don't use a hub, but my most convenient USB ports are on the side of my Dell monitor (which implies one more USB cable to connect the PC to the monitor... which might have caused the problem...).
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #431
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
I don't use a hub, but my most convenient USB ports are on the side of my Dell monitor (which implies one more USB cable to connect the PC to the monitor... which might have caused the problem...).
If you're using the ports on your monitor, then you are using a USB hub: the one built into your monitor.