Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Tambayo
Tambayo began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
installing sigil on kubuntu

Am trying to install sigil, but the terminal stuff makes my head spin. What do i need to type to get the installation to work?
Tambayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambayo View Post
Am trying to install sigil, but the terminal stuff makes my head spin. What do i need to type to get the installation to work?
I used the GUI standard to make the file executable as a alternate to chmod
Then I do a sudo mv (the file) to \opt

the file needs to be run with sudo to get the correct privilege.

The .\Sigil ... part is important
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Tambayo
Tambayo began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Afraid I need the step by step recipie for this. I know where to type everything, but what is beyond me. Programming anything more complex than basic html is above my current skill set.
Tambayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I used the GUI standard to make the file executable as a alternate to chmod
Then I do a sudo mv (the file) to \opt

the file needs to be run with sudo to get the correct privilege.

The .\Sigil ... part is important
and even more important to use forward slashes (/).

here's how I install:

1) download the correct file, linux OS and either 32-bit or 64-bit architecture.

2) Open a terminal session (command prompt) in the directory where the Sigil install file is. (Let's assume the file is Sigil-0.5.3-Linux-x86-Setup.bin )

3) make it executable: sudo chmod 777 Sigil-0.5.3*.bin

4) run it: sudo ./Sigil-0.5.3*.bin

5) follow the prompts to complete the installation. Usually for a system-wide installation it is installed in /opt/sigil but you could install it under your home directory if you want.

HTH.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote