Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Kindle 2 says <Memory full> even though I have 1 G available

Would you like to help me, please?

Well, some of you guys knows, My K2 left side is broken.
But I thought I could wait until I got my Kindle DX.

And....My lovely Kindle 2 has another problem, now.

When I tried to add a bookmark, it says me

[ Your Kindle memory is full and the note or mark could not be saved. Please create additional space by removing content from home. ]

But I have 1217 MB free space.

Kindle 2 won't save last page read, either. For every single book.
Now - when I read, I need to put down locations on papers.

It's kind of annoying. I read long books. I read several books on same time. and now I stopped reading - it's stressful.

I have installed igorsk's Korean-hack before 2 month ago. Anybody think it has any connections? I guess not. Other people who installed same hack do not have this kind of problem. and if it has any problem, it should show when it was installed. now after 2months.

What should I do?

Ask Amazon support team? ...every time I wrote them a mail, they answer things strangely. I don't know why. I know my English is not much good. I guess they don't understand what I am trying to saying. When I told them my kindle 2's <hard wear> was broken, they told me call to softwear team or something like that so they can work on it to fix it. How you can fix broken hard-wear by phone call? I told them I don't want to call, and how about I wrote e-mail..... and then no reply. What should I do with them?

What I asked last was,
<I want to send my Kindle 2 back to Amazon. so you can see and fix it. you can tell me how much it will be cost to fix it before fixing it. Ok, I want to send it by pre-paid shipping. Where I should send my Kindle 2? and is there any memo or serial number or my account or the problem what I have - needed? >

(*when I return my online-buying-cloth thing to shop owner, usually I put down my ID, returning reason, or something like that.)

(and I bought my K2 from Ebay, and resistered. than Amazon has no need to support my kindle? I have no clue.)

Last time I called them, they don't understand what I was saying. My speaking is really, really bad. writing is better. (and you guys know what I am saying... right?)

Ok, I know I should call them and ask several questions... maybe I can't dodge from them.

And when they answer... it's hard too. They speak very high kind of English, I think. I need dictionary all the time lol something very long and complicated...

What should I do ?

p.s.

Even though I have service-net warranty, I don't want to replace it. I want to fix my Kindle 2. If I send Kindle 2 <a> to US and get back Kindle 2 <b> (new or refurbish unit and different serial number from Kindle 2 a) I need to pay tax 20% of Kindle 2's original price.
To show Kindle 2's original price, I need to show my Kindle 2's purchaced price which is $399. (Actually $399 plus shipping and US tax. almost $450 becuase there was a cover...)

But if I can prove that same kindle was gone and come back with serial number, than I only need to pay tax for international shipping and fixing fee. I don't think fixing fee over $180. I just hope.

Even though I have that warranty, Can I ask Amazon to just 'fix' my kindle please don't replace it with another unit? Or is it illegal ? How I can say that not provoke them ?

I feel helpless, and clueless.
I took several hours and days to wrote this thread.. I hope someone might understand what I am saying.

(And I will absolutely join for English Writing Club...For sake of Amazon. Grrr. Or speaking club. I leared English only because I want to read S/F books overseas....but now I need English to survive, I guess.)

hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may have a corrupt filesystem on the Kindle. Connect the Kindle to your PC via USB, and do a "chkdsk" on the Kindle drive.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert