Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
SD Cards

Interesting... I was looking at the RaspberryPi web site and saw this:

Quote:
Why is the Pi selective about SD cards it will work with, surely the SD SDHC is a standard? [[Liz: This is about the problems we've had with Class 10 cards.]]

It looks like the jump to smaller die and process has created some anomalies that for some reason the BCM2835 cannot handle, this is also reflected in issues with Class 10. We will publish a tested list but we have already found that the same Card manufactured in different years – have different die, the early one is OK and the later one not. This is an issue and a real pain but we are looking at it. It also affects microSD cards for identical reasons.
I wonder if this could be similar to what Kobo is seeing?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I'm using a class 10 card without any issues.

This may be a case of the card manufacturers more closely following the specs for the cards, in that they were looser with the specs on previous generations. This, in conjunction with reader electronics that is expecting looser spec adherence, may be causing problems.

Then again, it could be something completely different...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Shankill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm using a class 10 card without any issues.
Same here. I'm using an 8GB SanDisk class 10 card, and I've had no problems. In fact, everything's felt a great deal more sprightly since I switched a few months ago (to be fair, I was coming from a class 2 card). But yeah, it could be to do with spec implementations between generations.