Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Question how does kobo handle epub in ADE

I updated my kobo library on my pc today after buying books using the touch ereader.

At the same time i synced the touch to the kobo desktop because i thought i had to. I later discovered that i had two versions of the books a kobo book and an epub book on the touch.

I checked the ADE folder on the pc and discovered that there was an epub copy of the books i purchased using the touch in the folder.

When i checked the touch by looking at its folders i could not see where the kobo books were being stored.

I think what i am asking is, does anyone understand how the files are handled and was it a glitch that caused the two versions of the books to appear on the touch which i had to delete from the device by using the on screen book menu, which i won a long press award for lol. Just kidding.

Hope this makes sense.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you click the blue button on the Kobo website that is labelled "ADOBE DRM EPUB" it will download an ACSM file, that when opened will invoke ADE that in turn will download the ePub and store it within the "My Digital Editions" directory.

In turn, you can then attach your Kobo and copy that book over, it will be on the Touch.

Conversely, once you have bought the book, Kobo Desktop will download a Kobo ePub format to your PC and store it in your %APPDATA%/../local/Kobo/Kobo Desktop Edition/kepub but it is encumbered by Kobo's own DRM.

The next time you either attach the Touch via USB to your PC that book will sync over, or the next time you connect via WiFi, that book will also sync over.

The only way to prevent this is to go to "My Library" on the Kobo books web site http://www.kobobooks.com/library/reading.html and "delete" the book from that section. It will stay within your "Trash" of your library, and can be restored from there.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Thanks pete.
i will use your info to look at the folders u are talking about.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote