Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
alice88
alice88 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, iPad, Kindle...
Disable book-view in iBooks?

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone has any information on disabling 'book view' in iBooks? I'm trying to make a children's book which I'd like to show a horizontal page without the page fold that iBooks puts into it.

I'd really like it to look like PDFs do: without any bells and whistles! But I can't do PDFs for distribution reasons.

I've tried turning off open on page spread in the fixed-layout file, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!
alice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I dont think its possible. I dont like "book view" at all but have never found a way to avoid it. Its one of the reasons I don't like ibooks.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Played around with a few books I had, and the Settings, and didn't see anyway to change the look of the page.

Have you thought about maybe doing the book as an app? I've seen quite a few children's books sold that way in the Store.
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote