Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Patsy
Patsy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Angry calibre does no longer run on USB-stick

I was very much frustrated when I found out, that the new versions of calibre do not run on USB-stick (as I had version 0.5.5 on one). And on my computer I am not allowed to install calibre when I am not an admin. So for me I must use just the old versions that run on my USB-stick and I am very sad about it .

Greetings from Petra
Patsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What makes you think it will no longer run on a USB stick? I have no problems doing this. What OS are you trying to do this on? If necessary I can upload the Windows batch file I use to run Calibre in this mode which has worked for me using any of the 0.6.x releases or the current 0.7.x series.

Last edited by itimpi; 06-17-2010 at 04:16 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy View Post
I was very much frustrated when I found out, that the new versions of calibre do not run on USB-stick (as I had version 0.5.5 on one). And on my computer I am not allowed to install calibre when I am not an admin. So for me I must use just the old versions that run on my USB-stick and I am very sad about it .

Greetings from Petra
Could you please state which version of Calibre doesn't run on your USB stick?
And can you further tell us what you do to get it running from USB stick, do you use a batch file or do you just drop an installed version of Calibre on your USB stick.

Regards,

Joop
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, usb stick