Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
Greetings from AZ

Hi everyone! Less than a week ago I purchased my first e-book reader (Sony PRS-505) after dreaming about owning one since the first Kindle came out. I am totally and completely in love and it has pretty much become a permanent extension of my left hand.

I've been lurking around here for a while and it was reading this forum that helped me to make a decision on which one I wanted (between the Kindle and the Sony). So for that I give a big
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitnpurl View Post
Hi everyone!
Welcome to MobileRead, knitnpurl.

Where in Arizona are you from?

Lots of friendly people, and great help for your Sony here as well.

Scour the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Knitnpurl and welcome to the Forum. I've had a 505 for over a year now and am addicted to the thing. And, be careful, this Forum is addictive too!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
Knitnpurl

Thanks for the welcome! I live in Mesa.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! Have you tried loading knitting patterns onto your Reader yet?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Knitnpurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hello and welcome! Have you tried loading knitting patterns onto your Reader yet?
I haven't tried that yet but that is a fabulous idea!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Knitnpurl, it's good to meet you. We're glad you've joined us here at MobileRead. It's such a nice online community -- full of people who know a lot about books (in general) and electronic books (in particular). You can find many, many books to read on your Sony reader stored right here in the MobileRead forums. You can find directions for using various programs (Book Designer, Calibre, etc.) to make books for your Sony from text files and to create books for the Sony by converting from other book formats.

When you get around to putting some knitting patterns onto your Sony, be sure to post a message telling us how it worked out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome! Mesa is a great place to be (I lived in the white mountains of arizona for a while, and have many relatives in the mesa area).

my 505 is an extension of my body as well- enjoy!!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote