Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Good chat everyone! Thanks Sharkus, I'd sanction your pay rise and promotion....hope the right bods are reading this!
Glad the book worked, I'd love to be able to have another go. You said in your reply
"normal download method (sign into the app, let the book download)."
Errr how can I do that from the app when I deleted it? Isn't this where I began or am I missing something?
Thanks for your help.
If you go to kobobooks.com, sign in and the click on My Library, you should see 3 tabs. The third tab trash contains books that you have deleted but not permanently deleted. They can be restored and re-synced. I seem to remember the process as being to select the deleted book you want to restore and untrashing it. Then go to the second tab (My Purchases) clicking the check box beside the newly restored book and then clicking on bookmark. Next sync, the book should re-appear on your device(s).

Good luck!
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Thanks David. I only deleted fom my iPad app and my Touch. The book is still in my 'web library', on page 6! I have synced on many occasions but the book doesn't arrive on either device. I do have my iPad kobo settings set to 'store all' or whatever the wording is so my iPad library isn't limited. No idea why it doesn't download especially to the Touch.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Thanks David. I only deleted fom my iPad app and my Touch. The book is still in my 'web library', on page 6! I have synced on many occasions but the book doesn't arrive on either device. I do have my iPad kobo settings set to 'store all' or whatever the wording is so my iPad library isn't limited. No idea why it doesn't download especially to the Touch.
Very strange! Deleting it from the iPad --I think-- should automatically delete it from your "I'm reading" / your library when synced.

It might help to bookmark the book from a device that you can still see it from. For instance, the Desktop app?

Alternatively, you can go to kobobooks.com, click on "my library" in the top right, then browse to the book on page 6, then select it (check the box) and hit "delete" from there. Then go to the "trash" (one of the links above the list of books). The book you just deleted should be there. I'm not sure but I think you can bookmark it from there so it goes back to your "I'm Reading" library. If not, check the box there again and hit "undelete." That might boost the book back to proper syncing.

(I'm not too familiar with the iOS app, but maybe there's a "deleted" tab or environment in there somewhere? If so, maybe you can undelete the book from there.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Mrs Often you are a genius. The bookmark worked and the book downloaded to my iPad. That's the good news! The bad news is it says ''download failed"..... I have no idea why, my Internet speed is excellent. I closed the app and opened again the message changed to "waiting to download". I couldn't get past that and was about to give up but I closed the app once more and it arrived. This time I have the table of contents and the pages seem to be turning in the correct order! Fingers crossed the chapters will work too!
Thank you very much everyone.

Last edited by Orn8one; 01-26-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mrs Often you are a genius. The bookmark worked and the book downloaded to my iPad. That's the good news! The bad news is it says ''download failed"..... I have no idea why, my Internet speed is excellent. I closed the app and opened again the message changed to "waiting to download". I couldn't get past that and was about to give up but I closed the app once more and it arrived. This time I have the table of contents and the pages seem to be turning in the correct order! Fingers crossed the chapters will work too!
Thank you very much everyone.
I'm really glad that worked for you! You're welcome!

As for the difficulty with downloading, I think the Kobo servers are having some trouble. I've seen someone having difficulties with payments buying books, and someone else was fighting with corrupt/incomplete downloads of firmware versions... So I'm not surprised getting to your books on the server was also "hasslesome." But yay for it finally working! Happy reading
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
Orn8one
Groupie

Thank you :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
My apologies for not replying to this thread sooner, and a massive Thank You to Mrs_Often for the absolutely spot on advice on how to get the book back into your Library when it's been deleted
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #23
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
My apologies for not replying to this thread sooner,
No problem! We know your lowly QA function must keep very busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
and a massive Thank You to Mrs_Often for the absolutely spot on advice on how to get the book back into your Library when it's been deleted

Edit: And thanks for the karma Sharkus!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-29-2013 at 03:51 AM.