Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Candy Farrell
Candy Farrell began at the beginning.

Device: CS4 - InDesign
Calibre question regarding spacing

I am using Calibre to convert a file from pdf to ebook. In the process of converting, I am getting an extra line space after every sentence. How can I change my settings to delete this extra space. I only need an extra line space after every paragraph. I have checked my preference settings and they seem fine. Any help/suggestings would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Candy Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If it is an actual line between try changing the line unwrapping factor in pdf input to .04 or .5
Could be line height too under look and feel. I find 14 pt works well for most cases
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Candy Farrell
Candy Farrell began at the beginning.

Device: CS4 - InDesign
Thanks for your response. One more question, how do you change the line unwrapping factor in the pdf input? I'm not aware of where to do this...

Thanks!
Candy Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
When you convert a pdf fule it is under pdf input on the left panel
In preferences it is in conversion (there is a tab for pdf)
try it in conversion to see if it helps
I use .04 but many use ,5
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote