Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
How do I get documents onto my iTouch Kindle app ?

I have an ipod Touch with the Kindle app installed. I do not have a Kindle - though I used to. All my Kindles books have synced perfectly. But, how do I now get my own content onto the iTouch ?

With my Kindle, I just emailed the document as an attachment to myid@free.kindle.com. I have tried doing this for a .txt and a .pdf attachment, but it does not turn up anywhere. My Touch is registered in Amazon.

Can anyone help please ?

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
You can't.
Your own docs, periodicals, etc don't work. Books only.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

And only THEIR books.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Thanks Gideon

wow a reply in about 10 seconds. Thank you. You have probably saved my marriage as well, because I have been searching all day and would have continued, neglecting the "missus".

Thanks Gideon.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

There are some other apps you might want to check out for viewing docs on the iPhone/iPod touch. I don't use any, but I know they exist.
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
You can convert the .txt or .pdf files into .mobi and then if you have a jailbroken iPhone, place the .mobi files inside of the Kindle app's ebook folder using an SSH program.
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
You can install Stanza (via AppStore) on your iPod and use Calibre on your PC to convert your documents to the ePub-Format. Calibre also offers a "ContentServer" which is automatically detected by Stanza and can be used to download the ePub-Books from your PC to the iPod.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
If you want to get your own documents on the iPod Touch, there are a few good apps available for it.

The two primary ones I use are Files and Air Sharing

While I have both, I Like Files a bit more as it allows you to bookmark your position inside documents, which I really love.

They both use the iphones native support to display doc, xls, pdf, etc. Files also recently added support for emailing documents from them,so you can attach and email files from the app itself.

They are both $5 so are definitely worth checking out. Files has a lite version, whth some restrictions, so you may want to try that out before paying for either.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
ndokoba
ndokoba began at the beginning.

Device: android
I didn't see any updates on the blog to answer this question, but you CAN get personal documents on your kindle device or app for iOS or android.

On your Amazon account, browse to Personal Documents under your Kindle Library, and you will see information for your Personal Document settings. There is an email address (usually amazon_username@kindle.com) to which you can send your personal documents and have them loaded on your app.

You probably already know this by now.

More details:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...Partial_Truths
ndokoba is offline   Reply With Quote