Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Kindle 2 shipping

When you choose standard shipping for the kindle 2, does amazon still use UPS or do they use USPS?
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
When you choose standard shipping for the kindle 2, does amazon still use UPS or do they use USPS?
Everything i've ever ordered from Amazon has shipped UPS.

Doesn't matter whether I've chosen 2 day or standard shipping.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, its always been that way for me too, but I ordered a book last week and I found it delivered in my mailbox by the road. I guess I just assumed it was sent by regular mail, but maybe the ups guy just stuck it in there. It was in an Amazon box, and it wasnt a used book.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, its always been that way for me too, but I ordered a book last week and I found it delivered in my mailbox by the road. I guess I just assumed it was sent by regular mail, but maybe the ups guy just stuck it in there. It was in an Amazon box, and it wasnt a used book.
Did you look at the mailing label? Wouldn't it say "UPS" or USPS?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

I didnt think about it at the time, and Ive since thrown it out

BTW: ya sure cant miss your signature hehe.
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I didnt think about it at the time, and Ive since thrown it out

BTW: ya sure cant miss your signature hehe.
Just trying to bring attention to the poll which will end tomorrow.............and I'll be as glad to get rid of it as people will be to see it gone!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

I voted for waiting for k2. Not sure if i was supposed to pick that or kindle since technically im waiting, but its already ordered.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've had a few things like books and cds and dvds be sent via USPS, but mostly my electronics and more high ticket items were sent via UPS.
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Hrmm, guess that means ill have to sit and watch for the postman. Hes too lazy to come knock on door, he just puts notices in the mailbox at road and makes us come pick up items at post office if they wont fit into mailbox.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
you can check what shipping method was used by going to your amazon account and viewing past orders. it will give you tracking number and also carrier info. The shipping method amazon uses depends on where you live and how close you are to an amazon shipping warehouse.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #11
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Unfortunately (or fortunately lol) the kindle is a gift, so I cant check on how its being sent, shipping date or anything like that hehe. I don't want to ask the person that bought me it while choice of shipping they used cause I think that would seem kinda rude, so I have to assume it was standard and that I'll be getting it on March 2nd. But thanks for giving me the info, at least ill know how to check later on on stuff I order.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Unfortunately (or fortunately lol) the kindle is a gift, so I cant check on how its being sent, shipping date or anything like that hehe. I don't want to ask the person that bought me it while choice of shipping they used cause I think that would seem kinda rude, so I have to assume it was standard and that I'll be getting it on March 2nd. But thanks for giving me the info, at least ill know how to check later on on stuff I order.
Your Kindle should be coming by UPS.......of course, mine left it on the doorstep without ringing the bell....on a rainy day......

Luckily, Amazon packs well........
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
It'll be too big to get in your postbox. There is a fairly large clever looking box (that you may want to keep if you think you may re-sell it) which is then in a shipping box. At least that is how K1 came.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Desertgrandma, even though you come off strong in some posts (not that that is a bad thing) you are quickly becoming my favorite poster here lol.

Thank you Krisk too : )
Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
aww shucks!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote